Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best way to withdraw USD in Europe?

Snoopy wrote:

Go into any bank and buy (exchange for) USD. At least in Austria, most larger bank locations have USD.

This. I think mine will let me withdraw $3k without any notice, and any amount with prior notification. Same with EUR and GBP. Our local currency is PLN.

I only fear that the challenge might be finding someone that has an account with the bank, unless these transfers of yours are instantaneous. Even then, without a relationship with the bank, they may be weary of money laundering / tax evasion, hence the suggestion to find someone you know and trust and that has an established relationship with the bank of your choice.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Peter wrote:

Here in the UK I buy foreign currency by mail order.

Whom do you use? I would be nervous without knowing about the provider first.

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

This and many others.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In Germany you can go to train station (major one) or airports they have some kind of Traveller bank (Reise Bank) but exchange rate is bad in general in Germany. More competitive exchange and easier available you can get in Eastern Europe (Balkans, Poland etc.)

Portugal

Where are you currently and how much cash do you need?

We took about 15k USD on our RTW and came back with 5. Bought them beforehand at our local bank. Paid everything we could with credit cards but some places were cash only…

mri
LFSB, LFGA, Switzerland

Try these people you can get US dollars anywhere
https://wise.com/

16 Posts
Sign in to add your message