Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Casually "borrowing" aircraft through connections

I suggest you try, I asked people to share their flights and fly their aircraft, you get various answers but bear in mind it will be more than “just fuel”, maybe fill up twice what you consume? and it’s likely to be more expensive than club or school aircraft…

PS: assuming insurance is trivial, depending on experience and type ofc

Last Edited by Ibra at 12 Jul 11:52
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thank you for all the replies. I’ve thrown caution to the wind and put some small leaflets up in the hangars and so far I’ve had one call – from a flying school offering me a two seater for 225EUR per hour. Not quite what I was hoping for but at least someone has noticed my leaflets!

We’ll see what comes. Of course paying for just fuel is optimistic at best, and I would be fine with paying the premium for insurance. If the right aircraft came along then I would be willing to pay more or less the same as I would in my club for the DR400. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks again!

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

I met an IR private pilot in a club once, who told me there is a « market » for pilots able to reposition light aircraft for their owners. From what I remember, the owner pays the expenses, but looks for someone safe and readily available to move a plane from its base to a paint shop, or from a diversion airfield back to its base on a short (like 48h) notice.
From what I see around Paris, the kind of plane involved is more of the Mooney/Cirrus/Columbia/Bonanza/Seneca crowd.

So you need :
1)the network and reputation in the owner’s world
2)the experience and ratings not to cost a fortune to insure you on the plane for a few flights per year (the insurance only looks at the lowest time pilot insured)

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

the experience and ratings not to cost a fortune to insure you on the plane for a few flights per year (the insurance only looks at the lowest time pilot insured)

Couldn’t to make a temporary addition to the insurance in such a case?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Maybe, I don’t know this in detail.

LFOU, France

I was put temporarily on a Jodel DR1050 insurance in which I had now no share, to deliver it part of the way, to be collected by its new owner.
I had over 1700 hours in type.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message