Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Now that coronavirus is nearly over, are people going to get back to flying?

@Clipperstorch

The 5ct/kwh was only for the electricity itself, excluding grid costs and taxes / fees.

Paid around 100€ monthly total of which
1/3 was electricity / energy (37€)
1/3 was for the grid
1/3 taxes / fees

The 37€ for the „energy only“ part now increased to 224€.

If grid and taxes remain the same I’m looking at 300€ / month, however I understand those will increase as well. So I’m looking at 500€ per month and a five fold increase.

New electricity price (excl grid / taxes / fees)

Old electricity price (excl grid / taxes / fees)

Last Edited by Snoopy at 25 Mar 08:34
always learning
LO__, Austria

I purchased 10.000 liters of Jet-A1 when the price was lowest (0.5€) and still have 3.000 liters which will last hopefully until the end of this year. Then I’ll worry about the fuel price

Did you physically buy it? How do you store it?

I did something similar and bought US92204A3068 when oil futures went negative. It’s up 60% now. I do have a limit sell order standing to get out of it (for my conscience 😇).

On April 20, 2020, the front-month May 2020 WTI crude contract dropped 306%, or $55.90, for the session, to settle at negative $37.63 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Did you physically buy it? How do you store it?

I physically bought it and stored in tank at LDVA. Since then I lent few thousand litres to other users (and they gave it back) to avoid prolonged keeping same fuel.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Snoopy wrote:

New electricity price (excl grid / taxes / fees)

EVN?

They took over the power market in Bulgaria and almost bancrupted all of the middle class with their horrific rises.

Maybe it is time to think of a solar panel on the roof to get your own power… I am seriously considering doing that, and as I would just make enough power out of it to feed my own house (practically no feed back into the grid) simply build a separate bunch of outlets rather than feed it into the existing net, or make it switchable for the whole house.

I consider this not only because of the steep price hikes we expect (they are not here yet in Switzerland) but also to be “off grid” in case someone starts playing with the grid. We can almost do without anything else but not without electricity. And looking at back up diesels or whatever shows they are expensive enough to warrant a closer look at solar.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Emir wrote:

I physically bought it and stored in tank at LDVA. Since then I lent few thousand litres to other users (and they gave it back) to avoid prolonged keeping same fuel.

Very cool!

always learning
LO__, Austria

They took over the power market in Bulgaria and almost bancrupted all of the middle class with their horrific rises.

Not EVN here.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Emir wrote:

I physically bought it and stored in tank at LDVA

Wow, you got some admiration now

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@Snoopy,

I am with @Clipperstorch – 5cr per kWh is way less than a quarter of the normal price for electricity, probably below the wholesale price

(Retail electricity prices in Austria)

So while the price increase is painful, we are not talking 6-7 times more, “only” 30-40%.

Biggin Hill

The „energy price“ below only accounts for about 1/3 of the total price (1/3 grid cost, 1/3 taxes). So yes, 5ct/kwh is only for the energy, in total it was more per kwh.

This 1/3 was around 30-40€ per month.
Now it is 224€ per month. So the energy cost increased 6 fold.

Total cost (if grid and fees remain the same) will be 300 vs. 100 before, still a 300% increase and not „only“ 30-40%.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 25 Mar 18:11
always learning
LO__, Austria

Now you got me curious and I looked at my energy costs. I used to pay just under 100€ per month for natural gas (4MWh/a) and electricity (3MWh/a) combined and still do. If I were to renew my contracts today I would indeed pay twice as much. Gas has tripled and electricity only doubled. But you started very low and have a very high consumption so your fixed costs are probably less dominant than mine (my fixed costs for the gas meter are higher than the variable costs for the gas itself).

100€ are still 100€ or in your case 200 I reckon I still have less expenses than in pre Covid times due to home office (100€+ for lunch, 50€+ for petrol, 50€+ after work beergarden and so on). And time, I have a lot more. Let’s not talk about back pain…

EDQH, Germany
Sign in to add your message