Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK CAA Cellma medical portal, and disclosure of medical conditions

Is that an advert for the next DG of the BBC?

France

When the Cellma site started just over a year ago it barely worked. I think it is ok now.

Cellma doesn’t renew your medical. You still have to visit an AME. All Cellma does is saves the AME having to type in all that stuff himself. The FAA has a similar system.

This means your medical cost should go down, right?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

All Cellma does is saves the AME having to type in all that stuff himself. The FAA has a similar system.

The FAA is free; whilst Cellma cost a one off fee of £8.
Although it does/will save Pilots and AME’s time and be convenient – provided one’s circumstances don’t change – the talk in the Surgeries is that the system is rather ‘clunky’ and seems to show signs of having been contracted out to the lowest bidder I.e. No staff available to answer queries over the Christmas/New Year period.
It should, though, allow pilots to easily change AME’s; access their Medical Records; and obtain a copy of their Certificate without having to fill in basic details again.
Whether any savings in costs accrue to Pilots or the CAA is another matter.

Last Edited by Peter_G at 03 Mar 08:29
Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

It should, though, allow pilots to easily change AME’s

For the past 30 years that has not been an issue, ring any AME and book a medical, no need to go on line or waste time with a 3rd party organisation. I spent nearly 12 hours over 2 months trying to get a friend of mine into the Cellma system a total unnecessary waste of time. I lost count of how many times we loaded in the same information and went around in circles. When he finally got access he still couldn’t book a medical or download a Medical Declaration!

Last Edited by Tumbleweed at 03 Mar 14:59

I think the PMD is a different website. I did one years ago (just in case) and it was very quick.

allow pilots to easily change AME

Nobody changes their AME unless he (the AME) is 6 feet under, surely It always creates hassles. It’s like changing maintenance companies; you never quite know if they will apply the process (e.g. accept the previous certification) correctly.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Nobody changes their AME unless he (the AME) is 6 feet under, surely It always creates hassles. It’s like changing maintenance companies; you never quite know if they will apply the process (e.g. accept the previous certification) correctly.

I’ ve changed AMEs twice with no hassle whatsoever.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message