Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What happens to your license if ATO gets kicked out of CAA/EASA?

Peter wrote:

I have not heard of that. Can you find any details?

This was published in an EASA SIB, I think. But there are over 700 of them.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

A few years ago an FTO sought approval to conduct FI revalidation Seminars. The CAA duly turned up to observe and grant approval on completion of the initial Seminar.
The FTO failed to gain its approval as it was not deemed to be up to standard. All the students who attended were awarded a course completion certificate by the CAA and the FTO disappeared.
In the UK there is no appetite to disqualify a student for the actions of a training provider unless those actions are fraudulent.

It happens in Academia for individual cases to revoke someone’s degree for academic misconduct (after facts), unrelated public scandals or other unrelated reasons (LSE did it for the PhD of Muammar Qadhafi son)

I don’t recall any case of revoking diploma of all alumni/students for a given University?

Last Edited by Ibra at 23 Feb 14:44
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

One of the local schools around here got busted some years ago for selling fake type ratings. Not much is known about the consequences for the evolved pilots. But the LBA can’t do a mass revocation. Instead they need to prove for every individual license that fraud was involved.

EDQH, Germany
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message