Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Recommendation for an FAA AME in the south east UK

The one I used (Peter Orton of Aviation Medica, Stansted) has packed it in and I found out only very recently.

Can anyone recommend one within a reasonable driving distance (say 1-2hrs) of Brighton?

It needs to be one who really knows how the FAA system works. I know there are some who don’t…

I already have the UK CAA AME sorted out; there is one just up the road from me.

Feel free to reply by PM

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The one I used (Peter Orton of Aviation Medica, Stansted) has packed it

He is there until the end of this month doing FAA medicals, he did mine last week

Not any more. You got lucky, evidently.

Administrator

I used Aviation Medicals Wessex in Christchurch for my class 3 and it was pretty slick, so will go back for my next EASA medical. I’m an undemanding customer so can’t say how well they know the system. It’s maybe a bit far for you, but the town and priory are worth a walk around; we go for a walk a few times a year at Hengistbury Head.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Bugger. I used Peter and had no idea until reading this. So I guess I’m on the lookout too Anywhere southern England would be great if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks. J

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

But preferably not too far south…….

Pig
If only I’d known that….

Peter would you know if am I right one can exercise 61.75 without an FAA med as long as one has the underlying- in my case CAA? Just thinking of when I fly my N reg in Europe. Thanks. J

Pig
If only I’d known that….

Yes, you can exercise the privileges of your 61.75 without a valid FAA medical, only the one tied to the license the 61.75 is based on matters.
You do need a valid FAA flight review and satisfy all currency requirements, but you know that.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

There will be hundreds, if not thousands, of pilots looking for a new AME, because Dr Orton was doing a lot of business, and AFAIK nobody knew until the end.

Administrator

one can exercise 61.75 without an FAA med as long as one has the underlying- in my case CAA? Just thinking of when I fly my N reg in Europe. Thanks. J

It’s fine,

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/61.75

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message