Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The newest Starlet aviation YouTuber is Blonde

Silvaire wrote:

She is however smart to get out of Michigan and head west before she gets tied down.

@silvaire Is it still like this up there?

Standby for another edit!!

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

I edited my post to say “head west to better weather and geography” which is what I meant

Ann Arbor is actually a college town and OK-ish. One of my airplane contacts worked at the Chrysler Proving Grounds (test track etc) there. But I think Michigan climate and geography pretty much sucks and he now lives with his plane at Spruce Creek in Florida, the largest US fly-in community where at least the weather is better.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 20 Dec 21:30

Silvaire wrote:

But I think Michigan climate and geography pretty much sucks

I got my PPL in Ann Arbor… with the mighty N333UM from the University of Michigan Flyers. I did a lot of flying in Michigan and it’s full of little airstrips. The proving grounds were always a good landmark inbound Ann Arbor. A trip to Mackinac Island is always fun. And one can spend a whole afternoon jumping from grass strip to grass strip. There’s some interesting destinations on the east shore of Lake Michigan as well. As for weather, the occasional afternoon buildup in the summer. I didn’t have to cancel very often due to weather.

Last Edited by Alex at 20 Dec 22:20
LEBL, Spain

@Alex, that sounds like a lot of fun and reminds me of Oshkosh and also flying as a kid with my dad between similar sounding small airports. But there is is this, now It’s a factor when smart cute blonds and other people head southwest in the autumn…( it’s 21C at my hangar today)

Last Edited by Silvaire at 20 Dec 22:34

@Silvaire

I still don’t see the problem. Crisp air, nice spread… should give you a good climb performance!

LEBL, Spain

It would surely give a good climb rate!

Nice Channel there, she looks smart and cute, but especially lucky.
Actually I have run through essentially the same, with a bit more qualification (IRME+fATPL) in a bit larger period, and I could do it because I quit my regular job eof 2017 after 18years of engineering with a nice package to finance it.
Having the opportunity to fly her own Bonanza after at least 250 flying hours in 2 years cost quite a lot, especially for a young software engineer.

LFMD, France

At that level, it is an expensive hobby for sure. But, salaries of good software people can be quite high in the US – over $100k. Does anyone know what software she actually writes, or even which company she works for?

If you have your own business then you can potentially earn any money – $1M is very possible even with a 1 or 2 person company which “makes” something. And a few (very few) people get lucky with a novel phone app.

Otherwise, this thread comes to mind. It is a standard and well developed formula – example – but most people don’t realise how much “pumping” of other social media channels is needed to get these huge numbers of YT followers that are needed to moneytise the channel. Unfortunately book publishing has gone the same way in recent years – unless you are a famous author already. You can do it yourself, or you can pay a social media pumping outfit (there are lots of these, including the ones which generate fake product reviews etc) but somebody has to do it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My 10 year old daughter loves watching these, and it helps her to see that girls can be pilots too.

EHRD, Netherlands

Silvaire wrote:

I guess my taste in entertainment differs and I already have one cute blond in my life. One is plenty enough to keep to me busy and sufficiently entertained (trust me on this )

Ditto….

Sign in to add your message