Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Regulation EU2020/877 (all EU airports have Customs without PNR/PPR)

I get no pleasure from this but right from the start I said this measure was pure dynamite and [almost] no country was going to actually implement it IF they have any qualifying traffic.

The motivation behind Brussels doing this remains a mystery to me – for reasons previously posted.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

chflyer wrote:

Germany yes, Italy no. The linked thread on Italy is only for immigration/Schengen not customs. As far as I’m aware it is correct that only Germany is applying the regulation.

As far as I can make out from the AIP, Sweden does, too.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

Here

Germany and Italy.

Few threads on same topic merged.

Germany yes, Italy no. The linked thread on Italy is only for immigration/Schengen not customs. As far as I’m aware it is correct that only Germany is applying the regulation. If anyone has information that direct flights to/from CH and non-customs airfields in Italy is possible, specific confirmation and references would be useful.

LSZK, Switzerland

Since, as forecast, a number of EU countries have failed to implement this, there is a petition to get Brussels to clarify the situation – here.

Administrator

Here

Germany and Italy.

Few threads on same topic merged.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Italy and Germany have Immigration on a PN, at most airfields. Very few people ever knew about this.
Eh… I wouldn’t say “at most airfields”. Yes, there are a few GA fields that offer immigration on PN, but it’s not that much (anymore). Compared to France, yes, it’s “a lot”.

Peter wrote:
This discussion needs to be moved, but where? There are two distinct threads on this topic already.
Maybe to the EU 2020/877 topic? The initial question from @Jean had more to do with border formalities instead of LSGS.
Switzerland

Immigration is not affected by this, which Brits still need

Italy and Germany have Immigration on a PN, at most airfields. Very few people ever knew about this.

This discussion needs to be moved, but where? There are two distinct threads on this topic already.

Administrator

It’s not a gift to Brits, as EU 2020/877 is only a change to customs regulations. Immigration is not affected by this, which Brits still need. EU 2020/877 is more or less only a relief for people traveling from/to Schengen states that aren’t members of the EU, e.g. Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Island.

BTW: It’s also not only a relief for (GA) pilots, but also for pedestrians, cyclists or (agricultural) vehicles, crossing the land border at non-official border crossing points. I want to recall this case, where a German man got fined by German customs, as he crossed the border with his car outside an official border crossing point. There are also cases were E-bikes seem to have been confiscated by customs, until a fine was paid, due to “illegal import”. Thanks to EU 2020/877, these things should be history on the EU side of the border.

Beyond Germany and Sweden (which already had a special regulation for GA before EU 2020/877, see Swedish AIP), only the legal department of San Marino confirmed me by E-Mail that direct flights from/to Switzerland were allowed without goods relevant to customs. That’s not a big help, since San Marino has only one GA-field, but still! Little joke aside: San Marino is neither EU nor Schengen member, however, they have open borders with Italy and therefore seem to apply EU immigration+custom laws as well.

Last Edited by Frans at 06 Sep 07:44
Switzerland

So many threads on this topic.

I’ve always said it is bound to be sabotaged by most countries because they cannot possibly operate it manpower-wise. It is also inherently implausible in the post-brexit climate because it is a “gift” to Brits so it would have been a monumental political cockup if it really was what people think it is.

Administrator

The problem is that EU2020/877 does not state clearly „no customs clearance required if…“. not even remotely! It is much more complex, subtle and of course a very legalese language/form.

Most customs authoroties in Europe seem to deny it means what German customs interpreted it to mean. Or at least they have not „caught“ it.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 06 Sep 05:33
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
284 Posts
Sign in to add your message