Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Satellite Airports

LeSving wrote:

But only on the maneuvering area of the aerodrome which the CTR belongs to. Lots of other stuff also usually exist within the confinements of the CTR; roads, trains, pedestrians, harbors, cities. The list goes on and on and on Another runway or airport is no different in this respect. What is different with another airport, are aircraft taking off and entering the controlled airspace of the main aerodrome.

Exactly! So according to the definition of controlled aerodrome which @Cttime quoted, ESKC is not controlled, even though it is located in a class C control zone.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

PS. @Cttime, if you intend to visit Sundbro, I’d be happy to brief you on local procedures.

@Airborne_Again I will be up there week 23 for aerobatic training :-D … sadly I have to drive in.

Last Edited by Cttime at 19 May 14:42
Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Exactly! So according to the definition of controlled aerodrome which @Cttime quoted, ESKC is not controlled, even though it is located in a class C control zone.

But the traffic is, at least the very moment the aircraft leaves the ground.

controlled aerodrome’ means an aerodrome at which air traffic control service is provided to
aerodrome traffic regardless whether or not a control zone exists;
‘aerodrome traffic’ means all traffic on the manoeuvring area of an aerodrome and all aircraft
flying in the vicinity of an aerodrome. An aircraft operating in the vicinity of an aerodrome
includes but is not limited to aircraft entering or leaving an aerodrome traffic circuit;
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

But the traffic is, at least the very moment the aircraft leaves the ground.

No one has denied that. What are we even discussing?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

What are we even discussing?

Semantics, in the form of legal text

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message