Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Acceptance of electronic logbooks (or simple Excel files) in different countries

The link doesn’t work but “the one” for what?

[link fixed]

EGTK Oxford

Apologies – here is the link. The “one” as in the most popular…?

Last Edited by jgmusic at 28 Jan 14:25
jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

jgmusic wrote:

Apologies – here is the link. The “one” as in the most popular…?

I had actually never heard of it until your post.

EGTK Oxford

EASA has just published an update of the AMC/GM to part-FCL.

The AMC to FCL.050 now says that every pilot can use a digital logbook.

AMC1 FCL.050 Recording of flight time
GENERAL
[…]
(c) Format of the record:
(1) details of flights flown under commercial air transport may be recorded in an electronic format maintained by the operator.
In this case an operator should make the records of all flights operated by the pilot, including differences and familiarisation training, available upon request to the flight crew member concerned;
(2) for other types of flights in aeroplanes, helicopters or powered-lift aircraft, the pilot should record the details of the flights flown in the following logbook format, which may be kept in electronic format. All data set out in (a) should be included.
(3) For sailplanes, balloons and airships, a suitable format, which may be electronic, should be used. That format should contain the relevant items mentioned in (a) and additional information specific to the type of operation

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

That’s good news, do you know for when this is planned? And it seems in the same AMC they want to shutdown https://ilpt.net/ or do I misunderstand?

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

TobiBS wrote:

That’s good news, do you know for when this is planned?

AFAIU it is effective immediately.

And it seems in the same AMC they want to shutdown https://ilpt.net/ or do I misunderstand?

How come?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

You’re thinking the removal of pt. 6 from FCL.055 l and the change from “or” to “and” in pt. 2? One could probably argue that a video conference / call is face to face, if the idea is to make sure the person talking is the person who is indeed taking the test. I don’t see “in person” there.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

@Airborne_Again, @tmo got my way of thinking. But his argument is good, the problem is that we Germans tend to use English words in our language and change their meaning. That being said if you ask a German, a Face2Face meeting to him will prob99 mean a personal meeting and I guess that is what our lovely LBA (that right now doesn’t accept Level 6 from ILPT, compare the banner on their website) will make from it.

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

TobiBS wrote:

That’s good news, do you know for when this is planned?
Officially published, so it is in effect right now. The catch, however, is in (e) 2:

in case of electronic records, they should be […] in a format acceptable by the competent authority.

So the NAA (or, as in Germany, all of them) now may take their time deciding which format is acceptable to them.

Last Edited by tschnell at 21 Mar 22:20
Friedrichshafen EDNY

@tschnell I have seen your post in PuF, but yeah if I remember how long everything else takes them and what situation we are currently in, it will probably be some time. Maybe this is the time to develop an app or service, show it to the LBA to get an “approval” through an NfL that lists it as an example and become the de-facto standard?

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS
Sign in to add your message