Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA ZOOM video lounge

After some discussions I think it may be more sensible to have a meeting day and time, say once a week.

What do people here think?

We have about 25 people in the telegram group, which may indicate some level of interest, but obviously most are busy most of the time.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

once a week makes perfect sense.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I posted this in the telegram group but not everyone is in there.

Can I do a poll:

1) who is interested in doing any video meetups?
2) of those above, which days and times would be suitable?
3) would some of you do them only if a specific video platform was used?
4) if absolutely not interested, why not?

Administrator

Following a great one by Patrick yesterday we will no doubt have others.

Any ideas, please post them here

Telegram joining link: https://t.me/joinchat/BcKpDhmMVzC-Z2ANLFUBJQ

Administrator

Without wanting topics that (selfishly) I would like, may I suggest the following as areas that might interest others as well, especially if my suggestion is treated as a ‘lead in’ to associated ideas.
Like the very successful Zoom last night, we need some who can talk, and demonstrate, with enthusiasm.

• If I needed to change the AI in my six-pack, what should I go for: The new Garmin GI275 replacement or go completely Glass, and by whom, and in what steps?
  • If I wish to upgrade my Garmin 430W: Whom should I use, Garmin or Avidyne; and what box should I be looking at?
  • What is the best way for a ‘poor’ flyer (both in costs & abilities!) to get weather before take off; and whilst in the air?

Hope these comments might help.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

As a possibility at the other end of the GA scale … in 2012 I did a “VFR in Europe” presentation at Shoreham. It was very well received, but ran over 2hrs. Some people wanted me to do it at some other GA watering holes e.g. Blackbushe but no way was I going to be driving around and doing that for free And none of the schools would promote an event like that (I am not an instructor, etc). Video is ideal for this sort of thing.

The PPT is here under Articles. So the material is all ready and I just need to run Zoom on a second device concurrently whose screen can be shared. Not a lot has changed for VFR flying in 8 years I am sure…

Administrator

In the spirit of “go VFR” how about a session where someone with the right skills would run a mock prep session for a VFR flight from ZZZZ to, of course, Annecy LFLP? ZZZZ doesn’t have to be in the UK, so there is no fear of an inadvertent CAS bust ;) And yes, let’s assume intra-Schengen and intra-EU, so no need to discuss customs and immigration.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I’d be really interested in a personal owner pilot story.
Basically anything about buying and flying your plane.
Why did you buy the plane…how did it go so far?
@peter @emir
Maybe someone with a turboprop?

always learning
LO__, Austria

@snoopy wrote:

I’d be really interested in a personal owner pilot story.
Basically anything about buying and flying your plane.
Why did you buy the plane…how did it go so far?

Okay, I could do this. I think it will be fun to talk about, because I did it 3 times and everytime when I bought a share of a plane or the plane itself as single owner, it was against all rules. So the story won‘t be too long, but might be a real contrast to maybe @Emir‘s.

EDDS , Germany

That would be a very interesting topic eddPeter.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message