Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying: Do you really have control?

Next Tuesday we are having this presentation so I thought I would provide a bit of a background for the speaker and the talk.

Spanish Air Force Colonel (ret) Eduardo Cuadrado has mostly a military background although most of his last 20Y of flying career have been as test pilot for Airbus. He has flown a total of above 10000FH , most of them highly intensive. He holds one of the few EASA flight-test level 4 pilot ratings, which allows him to legally fly any certified type without type rating. (They trust him to do his homework before going on a flight!)

He started with SEP’s, like all of us, in the Air Force academy, then military transport, then through fighter jets onto the CLAEX, the Spanish equivalent of AAEE Boscombe-Down, where he participated in the qualification of armament and mods on F-18 and C101 jets as well as other types. After a desk-stint as part of the Air Staff and Sec-Def technical advisor, he went back to flight testing with then CASA-Airbus, as Chief Test Pilot for Eurofighter at CASA. He went on as test pilot for multiple other civil and military projects including most Airbus civil types, and leading roles in the development of several Airbus mil types, mainly the C-295, the A-400M and the A330 MRTT.

Now retired from his air force and Airbus careers he still plays useful consulting roles in the military and civilian aviation fields.

Some of the types he has flown (and when I write flown, I mean flown ):

Last Edited by Antonio at 29 Oct 12:23
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Cool guy! Will try to make it

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Yes cool guy indeed. He is one of those charismatic guys who, upon entering a cockpit, immediately forms a crew around him, whether he is in an observer, captain, instructor, examiner role or whatever. I have personally witnessed it with numerous different crews in airliner delivery acceptance flights. Charisma in the cockpit!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Awesome, looking forward to it!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Sounds great! Will it be available as replay? The time (2000 UTC) most likely won’t work for me.

Will it be available as replay?

Unfortunately not

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Bummer…. I’ll try to make it.

UTZ is that Zulu?

Looks interesting

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

UTC is as much Zulu as Roger is to Charly Charly 😉 (pretty common for anyone crisscrossing the black skies of Africa and talking to Algiers or Niamey on the HF, rain slashing the windshield, magical elm’s fire at work… pardon the err).

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

That was a great presentation – unfortunately I missed a part of it but I saw most of it at least.

Definitely some good thoughts regarding use of automation and especially the points on situational awareness.

Many thanks for organising it Antonio and Eduardo!

United Kingdom
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message