Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Archer-181 wrote:

The Government overreach and the massive over reaction to the Omicron variant means that I have decided there is no way that I will take the “booster” shot. The more these badly informed public “servants” try to bully me the more stubborn I will get.

If they had released proper information instead of the “one truth” propaganda I may well have taken my booster but now, after 4th January I will be officially “unvaxxed” – phew, what a relief.

Do you or do you not believe that vaccines work? If you do, then your stance is incomprehensible to me. You are willing to risk your own health and that of your fellow men simply to make a point to the Government!? (A point that they will never get, btw.)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I do understand why Mooney_Driver has his views and I don’t disrespect anybody’s view or choices. I also understand people’s personal experiences with those who have died will change their perspective.

I have gone really deeply into the Vaccine data. I also have regular discussions with my Doctor friend. Apart from the ONS data, there does seem to be the definite spike of infections 3 weeks after the jab. This is what happened with the Swine Flu Vaccine which was eventually withdrawn.

I am not saying the Vaccine does not work but it is certainly much less effective than first billed.

So for me, I am presently a little overweight by 2 Kg. 6 months ago I was 68Kg and I am average/tall. My target weight is what I was virtually all my adult life of 65Kg. I am taking high levels of Vitamin D3 with K2 to stop calcium being deposited into the arteries. I exercise daily and always do over 10,000 steps

I have never seen the need to take a Flu jab. Maybe I will in another 10-15 years. So for now, eating well which means a Plant based diet first with some meat/ fish second as protein, keeping fit & not eating too much sugar is far more effective than the “jab”. If everybody in the UK was my weight and followed my diet, I doubt we would even know about Covid19.

In the 1950’s this would have just been another bad Flu season.

United Kingdom

Airborne_Again wrote:

You are willing to risk your own health and that of your fellow men simply to make a point to the Government!? (A point that they will never get, btw.)

Unfortunately I think quite a lot of the “resistance” movement is indeed based on dissatisfaction with governments all over rather than on rational arguments or even fear of the vaccine.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Hi both

No fear of the Vaccine from me. I do believe that it works for up to 90 days which is what the data seems to show.

The curves which show the initial infectious period of virus shedding show absolutely no difference between Vaccinated and the Unvaxxed. The curve falls quicker on Vaccinated people so you get better quicker.

So basically Vaccines probably don’t protect other people but they probably would stop me getting really ill if I was susceptible. The data shows susceptible people have 5 co-morbidities and are always overweight.

So my policy is to get in shape and let my immune system sort this out, otherwise I have to have “4 boosters” per Annum. Plus also the D3 which probably has more effect (on average) than the vaccine.

I would be interested in what Graham thinks of the initial 3 week “infection spike” problem after the Vaccine where one appears more susceptible – is that rubbish or not?

United Kingdom

Could simply be behaviour. Got vacced → go down the pub

I have never seen the need to take a Flu jab. Maybe I will in another 10-15 years. So for now, eating well which means a Plant based diet first with some meat/ fish second as protein, keeping fit & not eating too much sugar is far more effective than the “jab”. If everybody in the UK was my weight and followed my diet, I doubt we would even know about Covid19.
In the 1950’s this would have just been another bad Flu season.

That’s probably true, especially about health and obesity, but in the 1950s there was no social media, the BBC had programmes aimed at viewers with one of these

so was capable of what we today call “analysis”, the population regarded politicians as respectable wealthy landowners who went into politics to serve their great country, so they didn’t mind if there was a non-isolated xmas party a year before The rot set in with this and the world was never the same again.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Archer-181 wrote:

have gone really deeply into the Vaccine data. I also have regular discussions with my Doctor friend. Apart from the ONS data, there does seem to be the definite spike of infections 3 weeks after the jab.

Archer-181 wrote:

The curves which show the initial infectious period of virus shedding show absolutely no difference between Vaccinated and the Unvaxxed. The curve falls quicker on Vaccinated people so you get better quicker.

What data do you refer to?

Biggin Hill

Well, virologists in Switzerland paint a rather different picture of Omikron and what it will do. By the looks of it, we will experience the worst of the pandemic yet, by a margin. Dr Eckerle, chief virologist of Geneva University hospital has spoken out yet again. In the past, she was one of the very few who was right in almost everything which developed. The main points:

- Everyone will get infected. Everyone. No exception.
- The fairy tale that Omikron creates mostly mild cases is unproven, unfounded and outright wrong. It is a dangerous “calm down pill” which leads people to be careless.
- Infection rate is horrendous. Within a few weeks, Omikron will have infected most of the population.
- Measures like 2G or 2G+ are useless against Omikron mostly. All they can do is slow the explosion down. Even lockdowns won’t work anymore but temporairly.
- Vaccinated people whose vaccination has passed longer than 3-4 months will be infected and can spread the virus in sufficient quantity that they are the same risk to others as non vaccinated people.
- Only boostered people will have a certain resistence against infection.
- Unvaccinated people now are in mortal danger, all of them. Dr Eckerle recommends that they stay home and wear FFP masks whenever interacting with anybody. Which of course none of them will do.
- She expects a very high number of people who will be away from their workplace due to illness and expects a collapse of many services because of this.

In other words, those who are vaccinated or boosted have a temporary reprieve until new mutations come up. Only boosted people have a slim chance of surviving Omikron without getting quite ill, vaccinated have a chance of escaping hospital or death, for unvaccinated people, all bets are off, also because there is nowhere to treat them all.

According to Dr Eckerle she expects the Omikron pandemic to become endemic eventually as it will create a herd immunity in the hard way. However, this is not the end of Covid, as by that time new variants will have evolved which will again have different properties and possibly may evade current immunisation totally.

This pretty much confirms my original predictions 2 years ago, just with the nuance of Omikron now being a total game changer in terms of the sheer quantity with which it infects people. If we had a very high vaccination rate, it would be managable as vaccinated people will mostly have mild variants, but the way it is, this one will now be the big game changer yet again.

I fully agree with this woman’s conclusions, she has been right before and was laughed at. I am sure there will be people who laugh at her now. People are too good at denial and cheating themselves. They will cling to every bit of “good news” which, in most cases, is not good news at all but just clickbait by the media.

This weak and spoilt society has thrown away the only chance it had to eliminate Covid with a strict zero covid policy last year. Now we all will bear the consequences. but nobody will believe it even now.

The fairy tale that Omikron creates mostly mild cases is unproven, unfounded and outright wrong

Outright wrong? It thought the jury was still out on that one.

Last Edited by aart at 19 Dec 13:39
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart wrote:

Outright wrong? It thought the jury was still out on that one.

So did I. According to several sources recently however, they still get quite a rate of severe cases and also have a couple of deaths by now. As Omikron still is only a low percentage, that is significant. According to the good Doctor referenced above, she clearly is of the opinion, that saying Omikron is not dangerous because of exclusively mild illness is not what they are seeing and therefore premature and wrong. She calls it “irrlicht” in German, which means so much like a beacon which lures people into false security or into outright disaster.

nd also have a couple of deaths by now

The population of Switzerland is?

There will be more people dying of infections due to ingrowing toenails.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message