Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

my post above will apply to anyone in France

For that thread we need info specific to travelling to France, plus what is needed to move about there in the short term.

A requirement for a 24hr old test certificate would close a country to most travellers.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

gallois wrote:

I’ve had my booster, no problem. Coming up for the 6 months just book on line with your local vaccination centre or go to a pharmacy (many are giving the booster).You get a printed out Passe Sanitaire on leaving the vacc centre and gets entered into your "Tous Covid wallet automatically. It exactly the same and the previous one but has 3/3 on it.

I don’t think the problem is the ease or otherwise of getting it done.

The problem I believe @skydriller is alluding to is that all of a sudden your right to do the most basic everyday things, such as visit a cafe, is now dependent on your continued compliance with an essentially mandatory program of ongoing medical procedures, with the next mandatory procedure just announced and presumably more to come after that with no limits defined as to how long this runs for or what else they might choose to add.

gallois wrote:

With nearly 90% of the population over 12 years old with 2 vaccines and now 10% having had the booster there would seem little point in testing at all

Hear, hear.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

They are still free in France? Wow. They’ve been paid in Switzerland for a while.

I would switch things around and make the tests ‘just because you are concerned’ paid-for and the mandatory travel ones free. Actually I’d scrap the mandatory travel ones but that is never going to happen, not for the foreseeable future, because it’s too good a business to let go. The public has become used to the idea, hardly any complaints, costs are down to where it doesn’t restrict travel and lots of people are making lots and lots of lovely money.

EGLM & EGTN

Graham wrote:

I would switch things around and make the tests ‘just because you are concerned’ paid-for and the mandatory travel ones free.

Here all of them are paid unless you have sympthoms and do them at a doc.

Graham wrote:

Actually I’d scrap the mandatory travel ones but that is never going to happen, not for the foreseeable future, because it’s too good a business to let go.

Actually, for the travels I’ve done I did not need any test as I am vaccinated and have the certificate. Entry into Bulgaria, Switzerland and Germany so far. My wife as a flight attendant did not need any tests for several other countries as well if vaccinated.

Of course we don’t know what will happen next, as more and more countries go into the “red zone” where again tests are required by many. The main problem is that these things can change day by day.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

At the moment here, tests are only mandatory if you’ve not been fully vacced. That’s for visitors too. There may be a few countries on a red list, I don’t know. I assume that the need for the booster to be included on the Passe Sanitaire will be delayed or mitigating measures will be put in place until the majority have had the opportunity to get it.
Assuming that to.be the case, as I have written before, I cannot get worked up about coercion or loss of freedom or civil liberties and if Bill Gates is watching he’s going to get vert bored very quickly.
What I am getting worked up about is that I cannot file an I-FPL from La Rochelle to Calais which does not fly up the middle of the channel to DVR and then to the Calais STAR, because Eurocontrol are not allowing any directs of more 0nm or due to some other incomprehensible reason. ThIs is what is curtailing my civil liberty.
But I imagine I’m not going to get a huge amount of popular support to get change.

France

Apparently a new variant has popped up in South Africa which has reached Europe already. Some of the leading virologists fear that this variant has the potential to outfox the current vaccines.

Some countries have therefore stopped flights to South Africa. Others continue happily….. until they will be told to stop once the variant has truely spread in Europe.

It is really not easy to keep any form of confidence in such conditions.

gallois wrote:

What I am getting worked up about is that I cannot file an I-FPL from La Rochelle to Calais which does not fly up the middle of the channel to DVR and then to the Calais STAR, because Eurocontrol are not allowing any directs of more 0nm or due to some other incomprehensible reason. ThIs is what is curtailing my civil liberty.
But I imagine I’m not going to get a huge amount of popular support to get change.

you got mine for sure.

So medical doctors tell us more 6 months before booster shot and government no less than 7 months? at least they talk to each other !

gallois wrote:

Haha, before you go “ras de bol” and wear Gilet Jaune on top of an orange life jacket, did you saw my post on that one

https://www.euroga.org/forums/hangar-talk/2671-the-complete-charade-of-eurocontrol-ifr-routings?page=8#post_300885

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Nov 14:27
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

So medical doctors tell us more 6 months before booster shot and government no less than 7 months?

As most people have their pass now expiring, maybe that 7th month is a grace period in which to get boosted? Maybe sometimes people do think.

Some of the leading virologists fear that this variant has the potential to outfox the current vaccines.

The current line here is that there is no evidence of this, but by the time they find out, it will be too late, so they are trying to control it early.

Blocking flights from S Africa doesn’t work because it is absolutely standard practice to fly to the UK via another airport, and the UK lot have no way to find out that you did this. Especially if say you fly to Paris and take the train to the UK.

Also if you fly through another airport, say Paris, Amsterdam, etc, and remain “airside” then probably nobody will check you anyway, even if the country concerned had banned flights from S Africa too.

It may be a false alarm but nobody wants to take a chance on it.

Another report is that the current vaccines are 40% less effective, which is significant but not any sort of disaster.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes thanks Ibra in fact we did a rough approximation of what you suggested except we went VFR at ABB and the did an IFR pick up for the Traca 3K STAR to LFAC.
Its just that we really wanted to stay IFR and think its bizarre that we have to go into the UK and across a lot of water in an SEP to get from one side of the country.to the other. Maybe I’m just a grumpy old man.

France
Sign in to add your message