Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Malibuflyer wrote:

In the early stages of the disease, we have told exactly these people: “We do not have enough vaccine and therefore you won’t get any now. But that is not really bad as vaccination is not really important for you. It is much more important that we give the vaccine to those (elderly, white, educated) people who get it now”.

Was that really the message in Germany? In Sweden it has been very clear from the start that everyone need to take the vaccine, but that we can’t vaccinate everyone at once so we start with those who need it most. That’s something people understand even if they’re “uneducated” and you have to be really stupid not to understand.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 23 Jul 07:38
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

We’re getting dangerously close to making Goodwin’s law come true in this discussion

Never heard of that law. Besides, it wasn’t me that brought the nazis to the discussion

Silvaire wrote:

Was the Stasi disbanded in early 1945? For some reason the word Yugoslavia also comes to mind.

Yes, well, include Russia and things gets upside down. What I meant was obviously western Europe.

Malibuflyer wrote:

The reasons do matter!

That is debatable and very far from carved in stone. It’s when the going gets tough that our freedoms, our democracy is put to test. The corona passport spells FAIL, it’s as simple as that.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

The corona passport spells FAIL, it’s as simple as that.

It’s funny how it’s easy to write something without supplying any argument. It’s nice to have opinion but few facts behind it would be also nice.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Mooney_Driver wrote:

The Covid Certificate is something people get because they have done something out of their free will.

Really? In Cyprus, where I live, one needs a so-called “safe pass” to go to a supermarket since recently. You might as well argue that whether one eats or does not eat is also free will.

LCPH, Cyprus

Archer-181 wrote:

Just for the record I have been double jabbed but can anybody point to any study which can show the vaccinated get less ill?

I don’t know about a study, but I think these numbers bear it out:

Over 40s are generally double vaxed.
30-40 are generally a mix of single and double vaxed.
Under 30 are generally unvaccinated or first shot only.

Note how the infections heavily skew to the mostly unvaxed under 25s. Just eyeballing it, around 3/4 of infections are in the under 25 age group.

Andreas IOM

It’s funny how it’s easy to write something without supplying any argument. It’s nice to have opinion but few facts behind it would be also nice.

I think it’s funny how people “pretend” not reading the whole story and instead go personal without even the hint of an argument

The whole covid passport story has not even started yet, but it shows how frail the EU really is. It could collapse into dictatorship at the stroke of a pen at any moment.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

A lot of interest here in French women, from those a lot further norff

This is interesting too:
Italian_blood_samples_revive_debate_over_first_signs_of_Covid

Renewed tests of blood samples collected in Italy as early as October 2019 have revived a
debate over whether coronavirus was circulating in Europe before Chinese authorities
confirmed the first case in Wuhan

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

During our flight trip in the midwest, I rememeber very well being offered ice tea « sweet or unsweet ?» . That’s what you get when you don’t drink coke.

What do the experts here think on the obsolescence of the current vax ? With so much people vaxed with the same products, and a so much mutable virus, won’t it be all over again in a few months ?
Macron’s official advisor (think the French Fauci ) said today things should get back to normal in 2022, or 2023. Basically it is every year, next year.

And this French covid pass which was supposed to last 3 months

LFOU, France

This evening, Icelandic News Online:
“A 200-person gathering limit, one-metre distancing, and restricted opening hours for bars and nightclubs will be reimposed in Iceland just four weeks after all domestic restrictions due to COVID-19 were lifted. The restrictions are based on recommendations from Chief Epidemiologist Þórólfur Guðnason and were decided on at a lengthy cabinet meeting today. At a briefing in Reykjavík yesterday, Þórólfur stated that COVID case numbers were rising at an exponential rate despite the country’s high vaccination rates.

On June 26, Iceland lifted all domestic restrictions due to COVID-19, one year and four months after the very first social restrictions "

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

… at a level currently 1/10th of the UK infection rate … when the last person to die of Covid died in May, and the one before him/her December last year.

For context – Iceland had a total of 30 Covid deaths (pop. 350,000). At their typical suicide rate, they probably had around 40-50 suicides in the same period. Clearly they overdid it with the restrictions – people were less at risk from Covid than they were at risk from themselves.

Biggin Hill
Sign in to add your message