Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

alioth wrote:

75% of the adult population is vaccinated with 2 doses, and no one is in hospital despite the case numbers

75% is a very solid number, hence I can understand, if not totally agree to what they are doing. Islands like the IOM have a unique opportunity to keep this bastard away.

Airborne_Again wrote:

I just wonder how Australia and New Zealand are going to get out of their strategy, which is obviously untenable in the long run.

The fact is: They did it right. And now they should give in to the people who let it spread? In their shoes I’d definitly wait with any opening until all of their population is fully vaccinated. Otherwise, 1 1/2 years of tremendous effort for nothing? I don’t think the population would be happy with that. I would not.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Have I misunderstood. Are you saying it is normal in Norway to spit or sneeze in someone’s face? In some countries the law would not be needed other than may be to arrest the victim of the spray for putting the spittee or sneezee in hospital with a broken nose or worse.
I can see the same thing happening to people who don’t wear masks and sneeze or cough in public when non vaccinated people are trying to return to normal.
We could end up with the law of the jungle where only the fittest survive.
And all because of what might be seen as selfish behaviour.

France

I think people can debate individual liberties and personal choices as much as they want, but at this stage of the pandemic the only way out is to have 90% of people with anti-bodies this will hapen via the “natural way” or the “artificiel way”, I doubt there is room for extra lockdowns

It will be interesting to see how Australia (or New zeland) are planning their exit strategy? so far they have 3 cases per million per day average and less than 10% with 2*vax (less than 25% with 1*vax)

Last Edited by Ibra at 16 Jul 13:58
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

gallois wrote:

Have I misunderstood. Are you saying it is normal in Norway to spit or sneeze in someone’s face?

He he, At some tucked away places, you never know But, no. It’s not normal It was just an example of what is normal also without covid. Wondering around and not spitting and sneezing is normal, it doesn’t require any extra restriction to make it normal, and nobody do it even if there is no pandemic. Wondering around and not wearing masks and not keeping 1m distance is also normal.

The point is, around here, most people don’t care anymore. It’s life as usual, except at the border. Even so, you can always see someone wearing masks, and only God knows why they are doing so. Wearing a face mask in public places and shops is normally not allowed. The personnel in the shop can send you out on that reason alone. You have to show your face. I just wonder how long it takes before that part is back to normal.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Well this rules out France for a tech stop, let alone a trip.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Check the other thread

It appears that this was done because France has a lot of the South African variant which is more vaccine resistant than the others.

They did not put France on the red list because they don’t want another Channel Tunnel blockade in retaliation – the risk of avocado and sourdough running out is not something anybody wants to contemplate

Tech stops are CV19 exempt everywhere – unless something happens and e.g. an overnight stop is forced.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The regulation is still idiotic. If you come from Belgium and drive the 30 minuted to the Eurotunnel this triggers self isolation ion, even if you ever left the car.

Biggin Hill

It amazes us sometimes too. The country that would appear to be the biggest spreader of the virus in Europe is making the strictest rules for people entering the country from Europe.
You couldn’t make it up. Several Brits have arrived here recently in their camper vans or have second homes following the relaxation in restrictions in the UK and now they don’t know where they are or how much more its going to cost them in tests when they get back. Even if they have been vaccinated.

France

They can get back into the UK by saying they were in Spain for 2 weeks and merely drove through France.

If you drive, you can do all that sort of thing.

No stamps in passports…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

If you drive, you can do all that sort of thing.

That is one of the irritating things in the whole story. GA and aviation gets red-taped, car traffic is ignored.

The 2nd wave (and 3rd) was mainly started in central Europe by car traffic from/to the Balkans. For a while Austria imposed controls and Italy, but not for long.

But GA was put under massive restrictions, despite having totally insignificant volume and being individual traffic as much as cars.

It is one of the many inconsistencies in the whole mismanagement of the Covid crisis.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message