Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Ecuador has a death rate about about 2/3 that of Germany.

The official COVID death rate is low, but Guayaquil is seeing about 9 times the usual death rate.

Yes they all tested positive Peter

United Kingdom

That’s interesting that they managed to obtain tests despite not being seriously ill.

I think islands specially attract anally retarded people. Alderney has great friendly ATC but on the ground it is really “yellow jackets or a nuke will go off” place. Same for Guernsey but ASG manages to provide a nice friendly GA facility. The people of Alderney are really friendly… it was my last away trip and I am glad I did it; it will have to last me until this business settles down.

Alderney has the extra dimension that it is being financed and “run” by Guernsey, and the politics around that are well known.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

it was my last away trip and I am glad I did it

I thought you were planning an IFR trip to the wilderness somewhere to camp for a little. Maybe the North of Scotland after the lockdown ends?

Last Edited by kwlf at 30 Apr 20:46

Anywhere will do when things get bad enough

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Anywhere will do when things get bad enough

Yeah, but camping...Really?

Hmmm I would rather buy a house on Alderney, fly there, get locked up for 14 days, and stay there until this is over

The camping idea was for trips where you either cannot leave airside (but it is too far to fly back same day) or where you can leave airside but hotels are shut.

The former needs airport police approval to camp airside. Obviously, historically, this has been possible at some places. I’ve just checked out one place and they won’t allow it.

Administrator

Yes, the testing rate is through the roof here. In the UK, if you have it they tell you not even to dial 111 unless you can’t breathe. Over here, if you think you have it you go to a drive through place and get tested.

Most people get it mildly but that doesn’t get clicks on the media.

Last Edited by Jersey_Flyer at 30 Apr 21:27
United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message