Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

You can catch it from domestic animals too – here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That futher confirms my view of dogs being superior to cats :)

Off_Field wrote:

That futher confirms my view of dogs being superior to cats :)

Could not agree more !!

Corona hair The hair dressers have been closed for 3 weeks now, and this gives a distinctive “look” on many blonds. They “all” look like this now:

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Fuji_Abound wrote:

How do we feel the whole issue is being managed – in whatever country you are?

The german government is coping poorly with the largely self-inflicted crisis. Reactions to current developments were always too late, the crisis was played down for a long time. The Minister of Heathcare is a bank clerk who said on March 14 in the media that it was not necessary to wear masks.
Under no circumstances should the borders be checked. Border controls are still a farce today.
link1
Migrants can continue to enter the country, infected or not.
link2
In Germany there is a significant lack of protective equipment because in February it was given away in two large deliveries to China.
link3
Many doctors think about closing their practice because protective material is missing. In this situation, equipment and masks were flown to south Africa a few days ago, while german citizens were asked to sew masks themselves
link4.
Not only in Germany the authorities does not differentiate whether a patient has died from the virus or with the virus. The dimension of the crisis is therefor unclear, the measures taken may be inappropriate, e.g. the closing of airfields.

[long links cleaned up so they load]

Berlin, Germany

LeSving wrote:

Corona hair The hair dressers have been closed for 3 weeks now, and this gives a distinctive “look” on many blonds.

We are threatened with massive blond extinction

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Fuji_Abound wrote:

How do we feel the whole issue is being managed – in whatever country you are?

I must say good so far. Look like we got control of the situation.

3 weeks ago we closed the schools, all gathering of people (sport events, theaters etc). No curfew, but 2 m distance, hand washing, stuff like that. Quarantine for 2 weeks if coming from abroad, or feeling a bit sick, or are in the “risk group”. This happened on Mars 12. Almost exactly 2 weeks later, the number of hospitalized people changed from exponential to nearly a straight line (graph above). The number of dead will probably still increase exponentially-ish for 2 weeks, then this will flatten also. Still way too early to say for sure though, but looking good. They have had some polls, and more than 90% are satisfied with the way things are going, which is bound to go down if this drags out.

The largest worry was not the virus itself, but running out of hospital beds (as well as doctors and nurses), due to making all hospitals “super efficient” the last 20-30 years (meaning reducing hospital beds). It is incredibly expensive for the country though. Highest unemployment since ever, causing massive hand outs to save companies and the people working there. I just hope the company I am working for will survive after this.

Personally, my only real restriction has been restrictions from flying. All in all a pretty small sacrifice IMO. Maybe already within a week or two I will be able to fly again, maybe sooner also (crossing fingers).

I think also an important thing is that it is primary the responsibility of each county to handle situations with contamination and diseases. Lots of counties had already started to impose restrictions long before the government started doing anything. My own county had already closed the schools, and my neighboring county had completely isolated itself. A problem for the government has been “too hard” local restrictions, which the government cannot by law interfere with. IMO, I think this has been one key reason for the virus hasn’t spread more than it has, and this has in turn made it possible to control it.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving – thank you for a good resume. Please can you tell us what the Government asked / required of its citizens in terms of keeping people off the streets and interacting with others?

About Estomia- offical government instructions- https://www.kriis.ee/en/emergency-situation
the curve is also flattening https://koroonakaart.ee/en
we had a major outbreak in our island- Saaremaa, where they held a volleyball match with Milano team.
The islands are isolated, entry only for locals (but no exit) + medical and other essential people.
GA flights are allowed. The licenses and medicals will be extended until july.

EETU, Estonia

Please can you tell us what the Government asked / required of its citizens in terms of keeping people off the streets and interacting with others?

The only restriction, or advice is the correct word, is 2 m distance and cleaning of hands, especially when entering and exiting shops. People are encouraged to be outside, take walks, jogging etc, but 2 m distance.

Schools and universities are closed, but teaching is not. Everything is done by web. Everybody who can work at home, should work at home. My wife has to, ordered by her boss (not the government). The CEO of the company I am working for has said, it’s up to everyone to do as best they can. I work at the office.

Since schools are closed, lots of people simply have to be home, and work there as best they can.

Everything with close human contact is closed down, except health care. The basic principle is 2 m distance from others. I wonder when we will start with masks, as this can reduce this distance considerably.

The big problems are for travelling businesses, hotels, airlines, buses, professional sport, restaurants, entertainment. It all became closed over night more or less. Some due to restrictions (gathering of people), some due to people staying at home (hotels, airlines) or a combination.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message