Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

National CAA policies around Europe on busting pilots who bust controlled airspace (and danger areas)

LeSving wrote:

Anyway, the RNAV(GNSS) approach is exactly in that area …. The RNP approach is further west, but lower:

The designators used on these approaches are the old ones which are being phased out. With the new designation system the first approach will be called RNP Z 27 and the other one RNP (AR) S 27. These designators are already in use in many countries.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
ames_Chan
30-Aug-20 16:44

UK AOPA should be on the case, wouldn’t you think, James

I shall ask!
Last Edited by James_Chan at 30 Aug 16:44

Good luck!

While you’re on James, ask when they are going to take up the cudgel on behalf of GA regarding the CAA ludicrous draconian infringement policy. I got nowhere discussing it with Martin. In the meantime AOPA apparently continues to maintain a mute pro establishment stance, and Nick Wilcock appears baffled by the whole business and talks about “unaccountable rhetoric” from those who dare question the CAA policy.

Egnm, United Kingdom

Doesnt surprise me.

Nick appears baffled by a lot of things.

Possibly infringement numbers may go up on poor channel weather days.

From here

“10.2Procedures are to be in place to cease or manage danger area operations should a potential or an actual infringement of a DA/TDA threaten the maintenance of safety.In the event of any infringement of a DA/TDA, the sponsor is to submit a Mandatory Occurrence Report (MOR)or a Defence Air Safety Occurrence Report (DASOR)annotating the relevant report as an Airspace Infringement.Additionally, a CA939 report onalleged infringementof Air Navigation legislation report is to be submitted for any DA/TDA infringements.”

Yes; that DA and the policy statement came up here.

They clearly aim to bust pilots for this one, and they will bust a load more when the cloudbase is say 2000ft.

appears baffled by the whole business and talks about “unaccountable rhetoric” from those who dare question the CAA policy.

The problem, which one realises more strongly as this stuff is discussed on UK social media, is that practically everybody in the establishment comes out of the same mould. They use the same language, same phrases… I think most of the organisations are intensely politicised. Well, most big companies are, but when you throw “safety” into the mix, it just goes totally out of control.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am not a great believer in conspiracy theories but things do seem to be changing.

Elsewhere someone is reporting that having been allowed to transit Southampton for years non transponder, for the first time they have been refused. And Southtmapton is exactly how inundated with traffic?

We have a wall between England and France – and of course where, exactly where everyone is encouraged to cross because we are told it is vital to minimise distances over water, and then a wall withoug even a glimer of a corridor between two enormous blocks of airspace and of course it would be at levels likely to cause the most problems to VFR traffic.

Sorry I missed the other thread.

I didn’t think the danger areas could be an infingement as you do not require permission to enter. I guess it would take a very brave individual to test it out.

Loads of listed “infringements” of DAs in the CAA statistics.
Presumably the hapless victims get the same treatment as CAS busts.

Egnm, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message