Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The most irritating things in flying

Having to pay for it……

PPR is at the top of my list of annoying (and frankly stupid) things.

Today I got up early (for a Sunday) and got the Vagabond (new share) out of the hangar before 8am. The plan was to fly somewhere for breakfast, be up and about while no-one else is, land and be eating by 9am – that sort of thing.

No airfield is going to answer the phone at a little before 8am on a Sunday, thus my choices were restricted to non-PPR airfields.

I went to Popham, and very nice it was too.

Loitering at the fuel pumps is annoying but is really just people being inconsiderate – same as in any other aspect of life. Witness how some people park their cars, or how they take forever chatting to the checkout person in a supermarket while the queue builds behind them.

EGLM & EGTN

German opening hours for airfields.

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

Another one: The (German) “Flugleiter”.

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

The golf club style guffaws when the CFI tells an unfunny joke………..Hi Viz mandatory……..the club know all who regails in his flying adventures most of which is quite not right………..but despite it all the joy when getting airborne is remarkable and would not swap it for the world.

Our CFI at the club I have had to join in order to park my plane is losing his medical and I feel for him. Good bloke, but fell foul of the AME. For him that is truly irritating.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

My co-owner!

Forever learning
EGTB

PPR for sure. Boils my blood.

- unwrapping/wrapping an airplane (every surface covered). Ropes and fasteners tangling everywhere. My feeling is the fuselage and wings are more abused and receive more damage from „wrapping“ than from parking in the elements. Or, just get a friggin hangar space! Pro tip: unwrap the area showing the registration mark first!

- bureaucraZy — when paying landing fees and handling takes longer than the actual flights.

- all rental planes because of the countless irritations:
*loose items in the plane (pens, papers, headsets tangled up etc..)
*weird settings in avionics (inhg instead of hpa)
*baggage nets tangled/knotted instead of using fasteners

Makes me WANT my own plane even more!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Bad weather. Storm yesterday. 50+ cm snowfall today.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Silvaire wrote:

who think being obtuse is clever.

Maybe this is me being obtuse, but I have no idea what your whole post meant!

Sign in to add your message