Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Charlton Park

Hi

Here are some pics from today.

PiperArcher you do take a good picture!! Trouble is I am even more despondent that I did not get there. Never mind, I am glad you all had a great time. I will do this trip, that is for sure. The setting just looks amazing. I am sooooo envious. ;-)

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

Thanks :-) I meant to go back and edit the posts with some captions. Most speak for themselves. Hopefully Jude and Aussie Andy (and their aircraft) don't mind pics of themselves on here. There were a few group shots taken by Jude's flying partner, which hopefully she will add, with any others taken after I left.

Definitely a nice place to fly in and have a picnic. Unless you are a CBE, KBE or OBE, I think the dining and bathroom facilities are inaccessible, however a very beautiful place ;-)

Jude, wished I could have joined. I tried landing once at this airstrip (the time we met at Shobdon) but then there was a music festival and the landingstrip was closed. Must have been fun.

EDLE, Netherlands

Hi Sjoerd it would have been good if you could have joined us. We will have to sort out another picnic.

Simon thanks for the pics and was good to meet up.

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

Some more pics

Simon what was your friends alternative to the Apple iPad? Thanks

Lads - and Jude - it was fab flying in yesterday with Sam in the Chippie!

Great seeing everyone, what a lovely destination!!

And Jude, your cake baking skills are now legend in the world of aviation ;)

Andy

Yeah baby!
EGTB

Thanks Andy, and hopefully my flying skills too, lol.

Simon what was your friends alternative to the Apple iPad? Thanks

It is the Nexus, it's so light it sticks to the yoke with Velcro tape, whereas my full size requires a heavy duty Ram mount to hold it in place. The Nexus is about the same size as an iPad mini.

Sign in to add your message