Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

General (multi airport) PPR booking websites

Possibly, but that is a dumb way to do that.

An “app” is just a bomb waiting to blow up, with the next version of some mobile OS. It is not cheap either because you have to throw money at someone who can write apps, and (this is rare) write them well.

The right way is to have a form on the airport website where people who are required to get PNR/PPR enter their details. This can be simply set up to generate messages for internal use. The one issue is spam (bots) but the hidden google captcha works pretty well for that (we have one on the forum signup page).

Exactly what is done with website “Contact Us” forms.

However, it seems clear that immigration/customs stuff completely bypasses all this anyway

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I’ve got a reply from Perpignan saying they accept the email notification, but “next time” could you use the app

Maybe the backend of the app is connected to some document/forms management system where multiple persons can process the request while e-mail comes to group address and later on to several inboxes and nobody knows whether it has been processed or not.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes; what I don’t get is why e.g. Perpignan persists with this stupid app when they must be aware nobody else is using it.

I’ve got a reply from Perpignan saying they accept the email notification, but “next time” could you use the app

Administrator

Seems like this would be a good SkyDemon/FF function, like FF allows you to order fuel at some FBOs in the US. The trick to these things is usually leveraging an existing ecosystem rather than trying to create a new one.

EHRD, Netherlands

Supposed to be every AIRAC cycle (28 days) and intermediate stuff in notams

In theory yes every 28 days but in practice things may take more time as changes goes into Notams and maybe AIP SUP, then AIP, then VAC

I am not sure which fields are urgent and which ones are not? but even some amended approach minima took 6months time to move from Notams to AIP plates

Do you mean that if it’s an intra-Schengen flight

No I only used Echo for national flights (“within France”), I think on intra-Schengen I will go for Charlie

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Sep 11:59
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

It’s like when you ask Lille LFQQ ATC to fuel & park in Echo parking, I do it every time when flying within France

Do you mean that if it’s an intra-Schengen flight, you can also park at Echo, and stay for say two days? And that saves you the handling fee? How do you get out then(and back in)? And how do you pay landing and parking fees then?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

IIUC it is every 28 days but only if there is a change. Eg a VAC might not change for 4 years, in which case the date on the VAC does not change.

France

AIP once in a year

Supposed to be every AIRAC cycle (28 days) and intermediate stuff in notams.

Administrator

It would be off topic to ask what the hell this means for intra-schengen traffic which wants to “park” there

You won’t see anyone if you park in northern visitors terminal in LFMP, you exit airside/landside yourself, if you need to see faces you have to walk to the terminal

It’s like when you ask Lille LFQQ ATC to fuel & park in Echo parking, I do it every time when flying within France but I don’t dare to ask on UK flights: one needs to use Charlie parking with GA handling and entry/exit vis main terminal with security & customs

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Sep 11:15

I think it’s useful to check for “direct customs details” in VAC + AIP, you usually get their emails & phone numbers in VAC but these may get removed in AIP when a new operator is in charge (when some airports are taken over by private Ops they tend to remove these details for AIP but they always hang in the VAC, LFMD you can directly call customs using phone number in VAC but nothing is listed in AIP), in the other hand, some VAC emails for Ops are outdated but those in AIP seems to be up to date…

Same thing for airspace and flight procedures, they are reflected in AIP quicker than VAC (these may get updated once in 4 years vs AIP once in a year)

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Sep 11:05
28 Posts
Sign in to add your message