Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Gain and loss of immigration / customs at French airports, and current list

Jepp airport data, as published in their old Bottlang Guides, in their Text Pages (which come with Jeppview, etc), and under airport properties in Flitestar, and probably as published in their Jepp-FD-VFR product, has always been deeply suspect.

Half the phone numbers are duff so clearly they have not been contacting the airports to check it, either

I find Navbox Pro the most reliable but normally use it as an airport contact directory (along with google) to contact the airport and just ask.

LeBourget is 700 GBP, for exactly what aircraft? That is more than I heard recently, for a < 2000kg. 700 quid is more than any airport in the UK including Gatwick.

Last Edited by Peter at 09 Jun 21:17
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks @bosco I was trying to forget that!

EGTK Oxford

I’ve made a few phone calls. Le Bourget has gone totally mad

Handling €210-250
Security €100-115
Parking (1-24hrs) €190-220
Landing €200-250

One chap commented that there is a policy to channel all GA elsewhere, and to channel UK traffic to Lognes. He thought it was crazy too.

The pricing is not significantly weight dependent. Same for a TB20 as for a Citation.

Last Edited by Peter at 10 Jun 08:06
Administrator

Le Bourget has followed the footsteps of Farnborough near London and made this airport for executive GA to use only.
Toussus-Le-Noble has much more affordable fees.

Last Edited by at 10 Jun 12:35

Toussus-Le-Noble has much more affordable fees.

But no customs.

So you can either have IFR but no customs at LFPN or LFPT, customs but no IFR at LFPL, and customs and IFR but pay a fortune at LFPB.

London at least has Biggin Hill, plus you can fly DIY IFR approaches legally anywhere, if you’re so inclined.

LSZK, Switzerland

Farnborough is much cheaper than Le Bourget. Last time I checked (maybe 2 years ago) it was about 300 quid. There also is a PA28 (or a few) based there, under some old agreement, and obviously they don’t pay that.

There is more to this French business than first appears, because a year or so ago, well after Toussus lost Customs, that I was standing at Biggin Hill and on the departure board saw a bizjet or two departing to Toussus! I made some enquiries and one pilot (who I know well personally) said anything can be arranged if the client wants it, but he had no idea of the costs.

plus you can fly DIY IFR approaches legally anywhere, if you’re so inclined.

I thought people do that anyway, everywhere… Egelsbach, Samedan …

Administrator

Samedan …

Only the Bizjets. And if one of those crashes, that usually leads to additional restrictions – for single engine piston.

LSZK, Switzerland

This has just been posted here in another thread.

Administrator

I do not believe one second that this document is still valid in the form it is presented, Peter. It has certainly been amended.

LFPT, LFPN

Still only marginally useful, due to the divergence of customs and immigration availability at some French aerodromes. This list does not differentiate.

For example, Toussus and Pontoise have customs, but no immigration. Beauvais and Lognes have both (O/R).

Only way is to check AIP and NOTAMs ever so carefully, and even then, contact the numbers given to verify.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 10 Mar 19:09
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message