Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

From VFR holding to threshold procedure

guys, do not overplay this. You are close to the airport and tower wants you to be on the ground (to have empty airspace again). So unless you are clearly directed to join left traffic pattern, simply continue to the base (which will not be significantly different from joining down wind). Actually, I am confused by the “continue to threshold” instruction – why they ask you to fly to threshold? “proceed to final” is the instruction I would expect or even “cleared to land” directly. And to get to final I would point the nose toward area of the base turn. If I am told “continue to threshold” I would ask which of thresholds and fly there – but to overfly that point.
Generally speaking – follow ATC instruction. This is a common mistake to follow a described VFR approach path via certain VFR points point in case tower clears you “proceed direct to final 23R” – it means you go DIRECT to final what ever the map/procedure says. If unsure or unclear – simply ask for confirmation. better ask than fly different direction what the guy at the tower wants.

LKKU, LKTB
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message