Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Diesel: why is it not taking off?

Happy to read this, I’m planning replacement end of next year.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

1500 for the CD-135 and 1200 for the CD-155, IIRC

LFPT, LFPN

ooops! Welcome to the party. At least I can see my recollection was correct.

LFPT, LFPN

Only for new delivered engines…

Not only the new engine delivred.
Since mid 2015 engine with a -2 in the serial number are ok for TBR increase.

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

According to Continental News Release it’s for engines produced afted Dec 1 2015: “This lifetime increase affects all CD-135 and CD-155 engines manufactured since December 1st, 2015, incorporating revision status 2 design changes.”

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir,
Do you want to upgrade to CD155?
If not, how about ‘milking’ your existing engines a few more years under the new ‘owner-declared’ maintenance plan rules?
They way I read these new rules there would be a compelling case to continue to operate These Conti’s beyond TBR (flight time and/or calendar time) like they do in the US under part 91. It depends on the ‘changes’ of status 2 maybe, but I doubt whether these are real or just an excuse to keep their level of business up..

Last Edited by aart at 22 Apr 13:10
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart wrote:

Emir,
Do you want to upgrade to CD155?
If not, how about ‘milking’ your existing engines a few more years under the new ‘owner-declared’ maintenance plan rules?
They way I read these new rules there would be a compelling case to continue to operate These Conti’s beyond TBR (flight time and/or calendar time) like they do in the US under part 91. It depends on the ‘changes’ of status 2 maybe, but I doubt whether these are real or just an excuse to keep their level of business up..

I called my maintenance shop yesterday when a read the article.
To go from CD135 to CD155, the plane has to go back to the factory (Wiener). Cost around 200.000€… Not sure it worth the money…

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I agree, Romain. That is a lot of money for 10-15 knots more and a better One Engine Inoperative climb performance.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

For that kind of money you might just as well upgrade to -NG

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message