Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ATC industrial action today?

Indeed

The Germans must have coordinated that with Belgium.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Actually, it was Belgium who offered it to the Germans. Hoping to break you personal record for longest DCT

EBST, Belgium

That’s amazing – thanks

I had a fun conversation with Langen regarding the track required to reach KOK. I will write it up when I am awake…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That was an interesting day. Fueling took about 5 minutes longer than it should have and so I missed the CTOT. Sabadell Tower expressed how sorry they are and suggested to go back to operations.

I filed another IFR plan just to receive a CTOT past 1900Z. So I filed a VFR flight plan to my destination and called them up again. No problem. 5 minutes later I was in the air. Called Barcelona Approach and received a squawk together with “climb FL180 direct KANIG”.

As I approached KANIG I was switched to the French IFR controller and everything went just as usual.

Only when I was handed off to Langen Radar – Germans :-) – confusion kicked in. But thanks to SERA air filing is not a problem and the computer systems were happy once again. At the destination there was the question VFR/IFR? again as I was getting vectored to the ILS. I explained that there was a “hiccup” with the French.

Thanks to the great tool VFR I was able to arrive with almost no delay. Nice flight in good weather. Could have been made as actual VFR :-)

Oh I almost forgot. I was given two 200+ NM directs by French ATC as well. It was quite up there and the sectors were large …

Last Edited by Stephan_Schwab at 20 Mar 22:07
Frequent travels around Europe

Bloody French. It seems to be a national sport. They spent most of January throwing out slots like confetti as they went to electronic strips, and now they absolutely hammer us with no warning. I heard some horror slots being given out yesterday, and it basically shafts anyone from N Europe to Spain or Africa, as well as routes across the north med which clip their airspace.

I would have thought the political pressure from other European countries would be high given basically everyone gets shafted – passengers, airlines, surrounding ATC agencies &c

London area

Glad I am heading to Hamburg today. Should stay well clear of the French.

EGTK Oxford

Josh wrote:

I heard some horror slots being given out yesterday

If you think what the french do is horror, try to file a flight through LSZH TMA or LSZB TMA on a normal day…

LSZK, Switzerland
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message