Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Slots coming back to "low-level" GA?

Didn’t notice any VFR restrictions yet, but I did get a few rejections on IFR training slots in the Langen Radar airspace “due to staff shortage”. In those cases they did allow evening training flights since there is usually very little traffic after 19:00 local so it seemed like a genuine issue with how busy they were.

I also got a few more CTOTs and slightly different than requested slots for IFR from Amsterdam, but those tend to be 5 or 10 minutes after the requested time so they’re not really meaningful on a typical GA departure. Being assigned a further away runway has much more impact on your departure time than the slot they hand out.

Netherlands

UdoR wrote:

Whenever I tried I was told by ATC that they’re unable to assign such an odd level, So…I stick to semicircular rule IFR…

They had enough of your VFR, they are hinting your should file IFR

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Europe Charlie is +FL195 and I doubt it is going lower to FL100 anytime soon, radar ATC staffing mainly

C starts at FL95 over here and so far I’ve never had an issue flying around at FL120 till I got bored. Knock on wood.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I meant, the whole Europe (including UK even if NATS did not like reclassifying that Alpha as Charlie) has agreed to have +FL195 being Charlie they have not yet agreed to make that +FL100 though, although there was some plan to harmonise lower (including unique transition altitude) but for Charlie airspace: you need to pay lot of money to have Radar ATC who will issue clearances and give separation

In most EU countries FL95-FL120 will be some general controlled airspace? or at least it’s TMZ for VFR & PBN for IFR above FL95-FL120, I think Sweden, Poland, Norway, Czech, Luxembourg went for +FL95 = Charlie while in Germany +FL100 = Charlie

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Jul 16:08
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message