Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Insurance companies, premiums, exclusions, etc

I received the PM and will let you know

LPPM / LFBL, Portugal

The company name should be publishable. Otherwise, this might be some under the table favour which will stop working the moment the guy moves on. You can avoid spam by putting an email address as a graphics; I am frequently doing that here in peoples’ posts.

I was with Haywards for many years but went to Visicover when Haywards jacked up their prices by some huge margin. But Visicover achieve their prices by chopping out lots of things.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am waiting for the quote. I will ask the broker if he is okay with me posting his contact into.

LPPM / LFBL, Portugal

The broker is okay with me posting his contact info. His reply to me was quick and I am now comparing his quote to another one.

Andreas Weiner
Senior Sales Officer & Key Accountant

BAVARIA AG
Versicherungen für Yachten und Flugzeuge
Winner „Best Brands Aircraft Insurances in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023“

Phone: +49-89-693 923 11
Internet: www.bavaria-ag.de
Address: Südliche Münchner Str. 15 * 82031 Grünwald / München

Offices in: Munich (Headquarter) * Hamburg * Mallorca * Antibes
Vorstände: Sandra Ahrabian (geb. Krautgartner), Markus Wolf
Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Darius Ahrabian (Vorsitzender), Frank Multerer, Dr. Jörg Ritter
Registergericht: AG München, HRB 199772

LPPM / LFBL, Portugal

My insurance is due for renewal this month and I surprised at how much less Visicover is than my present insurer but am astonished at how much lower Flycovered are.

Does anyone have any experience of how easy either Visicover or Flycovered are to deal with and obtain a payout when you have to make a claim? Seems to me that is the real acid test.

ETGR, United Kingdom

I’ve been with Visicover and really like them. flycovered doesn’t insure any airplane with a price tag of over £350,000

Regarding claims, John Zarno, a cirrus pilot who saw his prop departing the airplane when flying over Belgium, says that Visicover dealt with the claim promptly.

EGSU, United Kingdom

I am with Visicover also and they are much cheaper than Haywards who I was with for many years.

My only claim experience is with Haywards though and it was dealt with fast.

The big variations in premiums are reportedly due to

• subtle variations in what is covered (e.g. check the max age; lots of pilots end their flying with an accident, so this strategy obviously works)
  • newcomers to the underwriting scene trying to pick up business
  • some underwriters “like” particular aircraft types (this surprised me)
  • aggressive pursuit of other parties (I bet you that in that departing prop case the maintenance company’s insurer paid out handsomely; props don’t just come right off)
  • there are rumours that some insurers pay out reluctantly, particularly in “agreed value” cases where they might choose to repair the aircraft, no matter how long it takes, instead of writing it off)
Administrator

It’s a pity that Visicover only offers their services to residents of Northern European countries (Scandinavia, Baltics, UK, The Netherlands) and Flycovered to just UK residents. That may change though.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Call me old-fashioned, but the day I have a claim, I don’t want to be “dealing” with a UK company, from continental Europe.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Do you have examples of actual problems?

For sure you need to speak English. But if you speak only say Mongolian then yes you need an insurer in Mongolia… no way around that one. It would surprise me if a UK insurer dealt with overseas claims any differently. There are very few prejudices in the UK (nowadays).

Administrator
Sign in to add your message