Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Insurance companies, premiums, exclusions, etc

Bom dia,

I warmly recommend Assuaero. A family run company with pilots as founding members. I heard only positive reports from fellow pilots who had to deal with them after an incident.

BOD
LSGY, LFSP, LFHM, Switzerland

BOD wrote:

BOD31-Jul-23 13:0702
Bom dia,

I warmly recommend Assuaero. A family run company with pilots as founding members. I heard only positive reports from fellow pilots who had to deal with them after an incident.

Mui obrigado. I will contact them and see what they can do.
The other one that I´m trying to establish contact with is air-assurances.com – but so far unsuccessful and my current one via Fidelidade in Portugal is beyond ridicules in pricing, so that will have to come to and end.

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Who are you using for insurance inthe UK?
I’ve just got quotes from Gallagher and Visicover and Visicover is half the price of Gallagher.(Used to be Haywards)

Forever learning
EGTB

I use VIsicover. Great pricing.

EGSU, United Kingdom

I have been using Flycovered, much cheaper for me than Visicover. Interestingly they ask for very little info, unlike Visicover who want everything including your inner thigh measurement.

United Kingdom

I wonder why the insurance available in the UK (Visicover, Flycovered) is so much cheaper than what I have available in Luxembourg :-(

ELLX

Visicover is half the price of Gallagher.(Used to be Haywards)

I found exactly the same a few years ago and went to Visicover.

If somebody can do it for even less, that’s amazing. Either there are big margins in this business or there is a lot of cross-subsidy e.g. young people have been supporting older people (but that would suggest young people have fewer accidents, which may be true… I don’t know but there are very few owner pilots who are “young”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

About the “agreed value” in Germany all quotes that I got included a market value in case of an accident. So you do not get the agreed value if the plane’s worth less (fictitiously of course ..) on the “market” than the agreed value. You can pay for whatever agreed value, but it doesn’t count in the end – only if the fictitious value is +-10% of the agreed value.

I was told that some companies accept up to 20%, but that’s not included in the contract.

I assume that it would be conflicting law. Because as @Peter said it opens the door for fraud.

Last Edited by UdoR at 13 Aug 20:05
Germany

So you do not get the agreed value if the plane’s worth less

That isn’t “agreed value then”

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s a form of an agreed value, but not treated like you mentioned it.

In fact it’s all risk regarding the “true value” laid upon the owner (more precisely: the contracting party).

Germany
Sign in to add your message