Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Zero g maneuver

Flyer59 wrote:

No, of course not, but i guess at zero g it’s similar for the fuel and oil system.

I have done aerobatics in a Safir and a C-152 Aerobat. Neither of those have inverted oil or fuel system, no problem in either doing rolls, stall turns etc.

If the speed is well within the greens, there is no structural problems with full deflections (one control at a time though).

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Some aircraft have very limited inverted flight times due to oil and fuel constraints. The larger carburretted radials might cut out with less than 1 g, but then come back with a vengeance and a nice large flame from the exhausts once you restore 1 g. Hence aerobatics tend to be limited to positive g manoeuvres, even though the airframe is rated for negative g.

A lusty wing over is approaching a stall turn where other issues may apply as gyroscopic forces start to come to the fore at zero g. Understanding the threat of a tail slide, or a negative flick might be useful.

As Bertrand Russell commented on induction.

“The man who has fed the chicken every day throughout its life at last wrings its neck instead, showing that more refined views as to the uniformity of nature would have been useful to the chicken.”

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Of course, but in the Cirrus i wouldn’t do an extreme stall turn

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 20 Sep 06:09

On the subject of zero G.. Disgusting but fun :)

ESG..., Sweden
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message