Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Biscarrosse LFBS now IFR

I have just learned that some time last year, Biscarrosse airfield received IFR procedures. That is good news. It was never reported here or elsewhere I follow and unfortunately, it often doesn’t get reported when small GA airfields receive IFR procedures from scratch.

It would be great if we all posted a short note here when there is good news like that.

The RNAV approach has minima of 420ft/1500m RVR.
They have also devised a new NDB approach (!), which is rather useless obviously but probably serves to tease the students of the local flight school. Also, many “IFR aircraft” in France (even outside flightschools) still don’t have approach-approved GPS’ses.

Realistically speaking, I wouldn’t want to stay in that area if the weather were IFR, but that’s a different story.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

I wouldn’t want to stay in that area if the weather were IFR, but that’s a different story.

I took off from Biscarosse with a 700m back in 2012 and I’m still alive .

The NDB approach already existed back then, but it was restricted to the local flight school.

It’s a nice place but the concrete apron is restricted to the flight school. So you have to park on grass.
Last Edited by Guillaume at 07 Sep 17:22

It would be great if we all posted a short note here when there is good news like that.

There may be a way to discover new IAPs with Jeppview, doing a cycle by cycle comparison.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

the concrete apron is restricted to the flight school

Hm. How does that fit under the banner of “liberté, fraternité, égalité” ?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Yesterday I returned from a short trip to Biscarosse.
Nice airport, no fees (at least during the weekend, I don’t know for other days).

Fuel rather expensive (2,30€, payment only with Total Card).

We visited with 8 Bonanzas in total.

EDMA, Germany

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

Hm. How does that fit under the banner of “liberté, fraternité, égalité” ?

Many French airfields have very strongly held views of who can park where. I’ve based the plane in Cuers LFTF during the summer, and I kept finding notes stuck in the door handle with “You can’t park here, it’s blocking a third of the 40m wide grass path of the hangar of my 6m wingspan airplane!”, pretty much anywhere I parked. For some reason a D reg TBM was allowed to park on the hard apron in front of the flight school. When I tried to park just my nose wheel there, I was told it was a bad idea. You see, the flight school planes might projet some gravel on my plane when starting, right?

EGTF, LFTF

Well Biscarrosse is home to one of France’s ATC training schools so good to have IFR :)

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message