Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

FB now has the mobile number of every WA customer.

They sure as hell do. These days I’m getting friend suggestions on Facebook of the following magnitude: A taxi driver I used for a couple of weeks (sent him a what’s app at what time to pick me up). My landlord from 2008-2011. I have no connection with these people other than their phone number and some messages exchanged.

And sure enough at the end of the A-Z Contacts list in WA I see a second list of people, known to me, whose appearance is slightly mysterious…

That I’m not following.. What list is that?

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

In your WA, you have
CALLS CHATS CONTACTS
Under Contacts scroll past the last one (Z) and do you see anything? I see 12 people who afaik don’t use WA but all were in my phonebook. Next to each is an INVITE button.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

They are not facebook contacts. They are contacts in your phone contact list, which are not using What’s App. The Invite is to invite them to use Whats App.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I was thinking of METARs & TAFs along a route. Probably too much data, but would be useful.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

chrisparker wrote:

I was thinking of METARs & TAFs along a route. Probably too much data, but would be useful.

This is already in autorouter’s briefing PDF. If you need it in telegram, maybe it’s easier to list few ones at a time.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

They are not facebook contacts. They are contacts in your phone contact list, which are not using What’s App.

Negative; I have about another 200 contacts in my Contacts book.

I strongly suspect these 12 are people whose mobile numbers are in my address book (that’s a fact) and who at one time tried Whatsapp and uninstalled it. Knowing some of them, that actually seems very likely. I know that some of them are and some of them aren’t on Facebook, although of course anybody could be on FB under a totally false name and indeed I know a number of people who are, but then they would not be in my Contacts under that name Of course if WA offered contacts to invite whose numbers are in my phonebook, who are on FB, but whose FB names are not in my phonebook, that would be a spooky, because it reveals they are on FB under false names

The Invite is to invite them to use Whats App.

Sure it is

Back to topic:

Altitude test of Whatsapp and Telegram

Administrator

Wonderful features, but the bot seems to ban me ;-/

I’ve tried WX ESMS and NOTAM ESMS but don’t get any response at all in telegram..

It does seem down right now. I’ve told Achim.

Administrator

Ok, thanks Peter!

Working…

Administrator
Sign in to add your message