Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Isle of Man visit

As usual I’m off the the IOM for TT week and want to know who is best to use for handling and parking at EGNS for an SEP ?

Private Jet Co. Not used them for a SEP but email and ask for a quote. They are nice helpful people.

Last Edited by JasonC at 23 Feb 17:12
EGTK Oxford

Call Rendezvous Handling, 01624 829 050, excellent, will park you over at the South hangers and apron. Use Ocean Ford, Isle of Man, 01624 820830 for car hire. they will deliver car for your arrival. Chris will meet you.

I went a couple of months back and they were superb.

And very reasonable, they will also organise fuel if required.

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 23 Feb 20:53
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Ask them both for a quote. Both seem good although I haven’t used Rendezvous.

EGTK Oxford

Is Chris the same guy who has done the handling there for years?

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Don’t be tempted to use Andreas airfield unless you’re flying a tailwheel aircraft or something with plenty of clearance between the prop and ground. The runways are in terrible condition and the owner charges far too much money for visitors to use the airfield (it’s barely less expensive than Ronaldsway when you add it all up). A couple of years ago she was giving visiting pilots a lift into Ramsey from the airfield, but charging them £10 each for the ride – if they had got a taxi it would be £10 for everyone in the taxi.

Surprise surprise – last year there were hardly any visitors on the airfield.

The only advantage Andreas may have now is that the weather is much better (Ronaldsway was about the worst place to put an airfield – it’s always the first place the fog rolls in and the last place where the fog clears. On the northern plain, the hills get rid of sufficient moisture that they get a lot more VFR days).

Last Edited by alioth at 25 Feb 15:06
Andreas IOM

Neil, sorry for delay, yes is the answer.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message