Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

So, pigs really can fly! (in Croatia at least).

See here:
http://www.total-hvar.com/index.php/hvar-blog/item/did-someone-say-split-to-korcula-in-22-mins-and-for-40-euro-read-on

Since I have rental properties in Croatia I am delighted with this news!

Last Edited by Stickandrudderman at 13 Nov 10:31
Forever learning
EGTB

I will believe it when I actually SEE it. You know how many years this has been talked about? I am there often (my mother’s birthplace) and actually at one point any years ago I had similar ideas …

I also wonder if the choice of aircraft is clever. I understand that a flying boat design (instead of a floatplane) is generally a good idea because it is more forgiving in moderate waves; but will unknowing passengers trust that quirky looking oldtimer design with its two radial engines on top? That’s an important aspect after all. I think they might be better off using a Caravan or Turbine Otter.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I have a friend in Texas who is a retired Stunt Pilot and probably one of the best known Grumman Goose pilots (who flew his Goose in the IMAX movie AMAZONE) … and he showed and told me how much effort and money it takes to keep that 1937 Flying Boat airworthy. He was constantly working on it. I, too, wonder if that is the right choice. There is a Turbine conversion for the same plane, and although that’s a very expensive modification it would probably pay off in the long run …

I don’t think this will happen …

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message