Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this weekend? (11-12 May 2024)

Leaving Chalon this morning.

More or less following the river Saone in silky smooth air.

Landing 34 at a busy Lyon Bron.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Paging @Dan Which is that mountain that you can see from about L’Alpe d’Huez, looking roughly eastsoutheast?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 11 May 16:33
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yearly check flight for the Voluntary Air Corps, including a 30 minute navigation exercise using only map, compass (well, DG) and stopwatch at 500 ft AGL. With proper preparation it can be very accurate. After that an hour or so of airwork including lots of emergency and deadstick landing exercises. (My instructor has a thing for that.)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

@boscomantico, thanks for asking, but I have no clue… I’m already struggling with mountain names on my own turf 😉
SD would give the name of highest peak as La Meije at 13’068…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Today a gaggle of Euro RVs gathered on the grass field Aviodelta, close to Parma, Italy, following the kind invitation of Luigi.
The Swiss fleet comprised 4 of them renegades from my field and another flying in from western Switzerland.

Having crossed the Alps, a 20 minute EU entry was performed at Milano Bresso LIMB, before continuing to destination Aviodelta LIKF. Perfect weather, super welcome and hospitality, we were the treated to some of the best Italian food as Parma ham, Parmigiano, salami, fish pasta, pizza, dolce, etc, etc.

The RV fly-in was well attended and it was great to meet old friends and make new ones.
No less than 3 EuroGAer, @eurogaguest1980, @RV14, and myself, were able to meet, so we sure had some stuff to talk about 😆

Milano Bresso quick turnaround

The city of Pavia riding the Ticino river just about to join the Po

By chance, the 3 EuroGA reps got their mighty craft next to each other 👍🏻

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Went for a flight in the C152.
It climbed really well up to FL65, I was impressed ! I could have tried higher but I knew what I wanted to know.
Very hazy day no good views.
As I have to rack up hours for my SEP renewal, I decided to check some local private strips. Super easy thanks to the panel mounted Area 660.

It was my first time hearing ATC (Nantes FIS) have radio transmission issues (confirmed by other A/C and admitted by the ATCO). No big deal for us (it’s the OCAS frequency) but not reassuring for the ATC system.

LFOU, France

The left runway in the last picture above looks good, but the right would be a challenge.

LFMD, France

mmmmh, just found that neat little vid 😎

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

@Dan the fly-in poster uses an RV drawing from the YT channel « Complete Walkaround », am I correct ?

France

maxbc wrote:

the fly-in poster uses an RV drawing from the YT channel « Complete Walkaround », am I correct ?

not sure and don’t feel the need to investigate… just the poster I (and others) received along the invitation for the fly-in 🤓

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message