Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this weekend? (April 13-14 2024)

Yes; I am tearing my remaining hair out trying to see if the fly-in to EDNY will happen, and then my trip to Croatia after that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just had a quick look – wow that’s a lot of snot across europe… I hope you get a window

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Oh someone else was in Venice, too*
;-)

We arrived on Friday at 1850 local on rwy 23 after crossing the Alps at the Ortler and descending through Treviso. The ground crew was friendly, but clear that they wanted to locl up at 19.00…. worked out fine, with Italian timing
Did not make it to Venice, proper, though.
Friday was dinner & drinks on the Lido.

Saturday a bicyle trip along the island (and the next) towards Chioggia (20km,with 2 ferries in between), which is beautiful and somewhat underrated.

Early start on Sunday – well, the airport opens at 9 ;-) and back the same route that we arrived on.

*The first pic is thus Chioggia, not Venice ;-)

Last Edited by ch.ess at 16 Apr 10:37
EDM_, Germany

Flew to Riga on Wednesday, weather was usable but nasty- Sahara sand, 4-50km headwind, and strong thermals. As the Savannah doesn’t have much extra speed, flew at about 2000ft as a compromise. Spilve looked exactly as before, guy came and collected 20eur landing + 2×5 for parking. On Friday the return flight was much nicer with a bit of tailwind and smooth air.

EETU, Estonia

Peter wrote:

Yes; I am tearing my remaining hair out trying to see if the fly-in to EDNY will happen, and then my trip to Croatia after that.

The weather there will be total crap and even IFR arrival is possible most of the time, I wouldn’t fancy freezing there. Regarding Croatia, still early to say but doesn’t look promising. Current forecast predicts snow next Tuesday which may or may not happen but strong bora will definitely blow from today until mid next week.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

On saturday, I took the family in the Meridian for the first time, coming back from the south of France. LFTF doesn’t have customs and we had to take fuel so we stopped at Clermont LFLC. 30 minutes from touchdown to take off, that must be the fasted turnaround I’ve ever managed while taking fuel !

The routings were a bit weird, but with the wind this was still faster that going via the north east of France. I would have hoped for better shortcuts especially at FL280..

Nice views of Mont Saint Michel however !

It was my first time flying airways into Southampton from France, and I initially wasn’t too happy about being descended so early, but then I thought “it’s a turbine, not an overstressed piston like the Mirage, relax!”

Then on Monday I went for my medical and got failed because of an abnormal ECG reading, which is a bit surprising given I had a perfectly fine effort test a few months back and ran a half marathon in a new personal record time just 10 days ago, so now I need to sort that out…

Last Edited by denopa at 16 Apr 11:44
EGTF, LFTF

You can fail an ECG for being abnormal by being too fit – They end make me do push ups for a few minutes to induce some stress. If you’ve just done a half marathon in your best time, that could be it.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

What was the problem? The machines are occasionally wrong. But also being hungry can bugger up an ecg.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

denopa wrote:

I took the family in the Meridian for the first time

denopa wrote:

I went for my medical and got failed

That is the very highs and the very lows of flying in just one post.

Germany

Peter wrote:

What was the problem?

Some trace was showing “potential anteroseptal myocardial damage”. When I look online it seems most of the automated reports are driven by electrode placement. So now I need to do a 24h monitor thingy… Let’s see.

EGTF, LFTF
Sign in to add your message