Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this weekend? (March 29 - April 1, 2024)

The weather was horrendous on my planned route, I flew commercially instead.

ESMK, Sweden

yep, my bad for outta context thinking, MOLUS should have triggered, but for some reason did not 🤓

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

ILS, Sion, LSGS? Alright, that’s news to me.

the original poster said he was asking for ILS to GVA for the cloud break to then proceed vfr to the rhĂ´ne valley and that was denied.

Last Edited by roznet at 04 Apr 21:50
EGTF, United Kingdom

Did you ask them for descent not on the ILS?

ILS, Sion, LSGS? Alright, that’s news to me.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

@buckerman very interesting story, as I had planned to fly to Sion as well last weekend but canceled and bought BA ticket instead… From your message, I am glad I did, with my less capable plane would probably have been very tough…

Did you ask them for descent not on the ILS? I typically get a descent to MOLUS via the north of the TMA, maybe that wasn’t closed and less disturbing for their traffic? I had hoped it would have been an option, and that was my plan and definitely would have been quite a curve ball as well if they had declined! Double glad I canceled…

Last Edited by roznet at 04 Apr 18:34
EGTF, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

the theme was to introduce women to flying.

Yeah right, good one.. Nice shots.

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Another high value day trip to LFAT, on a rare non-raining day, and with a new friend who needs to be introduced to GA a little bit at a time

The C172 next to my plane looked like it belonged to French military, with some uniformed guys washing and cleaning it, and the theme was to introduce women to flying.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thread drift to 2 April:
After 2 cateract operations today I went to complete work on the Bolkow, intending to get flying again in a few days time.
At the Security Gate I was told my Airside badge was cancelled as I hadn’t used it for too long. I was given an email address to contact. I did so at 12.33, and went home. (~55 miles).
At 14.47 I got a reply saying I must contact an airport manager. I immediately emailed a airport assistant manager, and at 15.02 was cc’d an email asking security to “unpark” my badge so I could access my aircraft.
(I think Security is contracted out.)
(All the security people were very pleasant and professional – when my badge was scanned it showed as invalid. It expires in 2027)

Last Edited by Maoraigh at 02 Apr 22:29
Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I´ve been away for work. A bit of worldwide touring. Singapore (WSSL)/Seletar-Ulan Bator(ZMCK)-Geneva (LSGG). Never been to the new airport in Mongolia, full moon approach with beautiful high plain snow covered landscape, unfortunately I was PF and had no “appropriate” chance to take photos.
Photos from overhead China, en-route from Mongolia to Geneva, and the last photo is useless and is simply a G35 batt to be installed in my Rallye (not the aeroplane flying from Mongolia to Geneva segment!). I´m hoping to get some flying in on the Rally this week, in Portugal.

Last Edited by Yeager at 02 Apr 14:37
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

We got a pretty big cold front on Sunday. There were people in the air about 10min before the front arrived, just in time to hangar the aircrafts, and we were back there after 30mins of heavy rain and hail. Interesting to observe what I learnt in the PPL: after a cold front, visibility improves very quickly. There were a lot of remaining tall (and magnificent) CUs, with very calm winds and basically infinite visibility (during the storm it was <1km). I did more procedure drilling and warm-up for the test.

France
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message