Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this weekend? (March 29 - April 1, 2024)

Another high value day trip to LFAT, on a rare non-raining day, and with a new friend who needs to be introduced to GA a little bit at a time

The C172 next to my plane looked like it belonged to French military, with some uniformed guys washing and cleaning it, and the theme was to introduce women to flying.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

the theme was to introduce women to flying.

Yeah right, good one.. Nice shots.

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

@buckerman very interesting story, as I had planned to fly to Sion as well last weekend but canceled and bought BA ticket instead… From your message, I am glad I did, with my less capable plane would probably have been very tough…

Did you ask them for descent not on the ILS? I typically get a descent to MOLUS via the north of the TMA, maybe that wasn’t closed and less disturbing for their traffic? I had hoped it would have been an option, and that was my plan and definitely would have been quite a curve ball as well if they had declined! Double glad I canceled…

Last Edited by roznet at 04 Apr 18:34
EGTF, United Kingdom

Did you ask them for descent not on the ILS?

ILS, Sion, LSGS? Alright, that’s news to me.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

ILS, Sion, LSGS? Alright, that’s news to me.

the original poster said he was asking for ILS to GVA for the cloud break to then proceed vfr to the rhône valley and that was denied.

Last Edited by roznet at 04 Apr 21:50
EGTF, United Kingdom

yep, my bad for outta context thinking, MOLUS should have triggered, but for some reason did not 🤓

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

The weather was horrendous on my planned route, I flew commercially instead.

ESMK, Sweden
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message