Jujupilote wrote:

The night flying pleased her so just for that it was all worth it

- and that’s how you use a night rating

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

sorry only local version available

Thanks!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

That’s what the thread is about, isn’t it?

No. It was about night rating, I never mentioned or asked about VFR.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Jujupilote wrote:

Now that’s cool. What a good use of night-flying

My wife also enjoys flying through the night. It’s totally different from that perspective than flying in an airliner in FL350. When she saw my fotos from the IR training she complained immediately why she couldn’t come with us

Germany

Jujupilote wrote:

Excellent that’s what it’s all about

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

sorry only local version available

Following up on this laser attack incident, I found this research done recently by Polish scientists. It’s definitely worth of reading.

Last Edited by Emir at 21 Feb 05:24
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The main problem is the availability of airports offering night flight.

I was based at ZRH which of course is night equipped, but now have moved to Birrfeld which is not. Most airfields are not night equipped so the opportunity to use it is scarce. Also, to renew it (to do the required landings) would mean in my new situation to stay away from the home base over night, which is not really something I’d like to do.

Yet I think it is quite useful to get the rating nonwithstanding, because if you ever get into the situation that you are entering night, it is an asset to have. I do like flying at night, even though there is a residual risk with SEP’s.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Has anyone looked at/used this guidance from the UK CAA on night flying. It’s an interesting read.
night_flying_v3_pdf

United Kingdom

Emir wrote:

Following up on this laser attack incident, I found this research done recently by Polish scientists. It’s definitely worth of reading.

Quote: Practical application of the findings: They enable the identification of areas around the airport where the use of lasers should be prohibited.

That kind of thinking triggers me every time. Adding a law that additionally forbids something which is already forbidden will for sure solve the problem. Not. Usually it’s something populists are trying to gain popularity with the people so hearing this in a scientific context is a little bit disturbing.

EDQH, Germany

Yes, I use my night rating. Quite simply when the night is earlier than the time I would like to travel, or (quite rare) day is later than that time.

ELLX
Sign in to add your message