Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft the weekend of Feb 10 2024

UdoR wrote:

I FINISHED MY IR TODAY!

Well done! It takes a lot of time and effort, so a well-deserved congratulations. Do you have a temporary certificate? I couldn’t resist using it to fly home in Class A, immediately after passing my test.

EGTF, United Kingdom

UdoR wrote:

I FINISHED MY IR TODAY!

Congrats mate! Keep it up!

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Emir wrote:

I passed the first part of my TR for Saab 340.

What is “the first part” of a Type Rating? You mean the license skills test, and you have aircraft base training to go (another part?).
Congrats on passing the first part in any case!

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Indochine wrote:

Do you have a temporary certificate?

Nope.

But hey let’s do a test. Maybe someone in charge from the Luftfahrtbundesamt is reading here. I just mailed the complete documents to the correct mail address. I’ll post a follow-up here to tell when the license arrived. Maybe I can benefit one time in my life posting in social media

Germany

Congratulations on the best thing in aviation you’ll ever train for!
Enjoy.
And I promise you that you haven’t finished with the questions. Lol

United Kingdom

What is “the first part” of a Type Rating? You mean the license skills test, and you have aircraft base training to go (another part?).

Even less than that I passed written exam on aircraft systems, emergency situations and similar stuff. In following days I’ll do simulator sessions and skill test and the end of month base training.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

UdoR wrote:

I FINISHED MY IR TODAY!

Wonderful!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

GA_Pete wrote:

Congratulations on the best thing in aviation you’ll ever train for

Honestly I’ll let time decide on that and will give a follow-up in a few years time. I’m a quick learner, but still it burst my imagination that this rating could really involve so much time and money. I do hope there will be a “return of investment” on some occasion or the other that I wouldn’t have done without the rating. (not counting in for the moment that it was a lot of fun doing the rating and that I feel 1000% more proficient than before). But at the moment I’m looking at these high bills and too many days out of my office. The effort is just crazy. No wonder we PPL/IR are so few of a kind.

Germany

Congrats Udo and Emir 🍾

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Emir wrote:

Even less than that I passed written exam on aircraft systems, emergency situations and similar stuff. In following days I’ll do simulator sessions and skill test and the end of month base training.

Got it. Good luck with the other parts!

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal
Sign in to add your message