Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A busy week ahead

I have moved the TBM icing encounter discussion here.

Here it is off topic considering the importance.

Last Edited by Peter at 10 Nov 09:42
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

martin-esmi: yes, it is a sobering story as we discussed a little this same story in this trhead. Knowing that in this winter type I am myself encountering some ice while climbing out, I now realise to be even more alert. So far, I have had one enouunter with severe icing where the Cirrus iced up within 2-3 minutes while decending into Rotterdam and with an easy way out by decending into above zero degrees temps just below.

EDLE, Netherlands

A sobering reminder of how quickly things can go pear shaped even for a very capable aircraft and pilot…

RIP.

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Just watched Accident Case Study: Delayed Reaction video at AOPA Air safety institute regarding icing, definately worth the 14 minutes and came to think about this thread.

Just watched a bit of that video again. The section around 1:00 is a fake because the aircraft is complete, yet the accident report says it lost a wing.

I don’t know why they put in stuff like that, because a complete aircraft would not dive like that and should be recoverable even with ice on it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jason what percentage of your flying is for pleasure and what percentage is for business? If it’s for business, what is it you do for a living?

Hi Sebastian. No, EDMO which is really nice. No mandatory handling which looks expensive if you take it.

Jason.

EGTK Oxford

Jason, did you land at EDDM? If yes what was it like? I once asked and was told 200 Euro plus a PPR which seemed hard to get. All GA aircraft that I saw parked there so far have been bigger jets.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Josh you are right and the crew was fatigue!

EDAZ

Colgan 3407 was NOT an icing related incident. It was crew incompetence-related.

They stalled a perfectly serviceable aircraft by not putting any power on when levelling off, then the Captain fought the stick pusher all the way into the ground.

London area
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message