Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A busy week ahead

Jason what percentage of your flying is for pleasure and what percentage is for business? If it’s for business, what is it you do for a living?

Just watched a bit of that video again. The section around 1:00 is a fake because the aircraft is complete, yet the accident report says it lost a wing.

I don’t know why they put in stuff like that, because a complete aircraft would not dive like that and should be recoverable even with ice on it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just watched Accident Case Study: Delayed Reaction video at AOPA Air safety institute regarding icing, definately worth the 14 minutes and came to think about this thread.

A sobering reminder of how quickly things can go pear shaped even for a very capable aircraft and pilot…

RIP.

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

martin-esmi: yes, it is a sobering story as we discussed a little this same story in this trhead. Knowing that in this winter type I am myself encountering some ice while climbing out, I now realise to be even more alert. So far, I have had one enouunter with severe icing where the Cirrus iced up within 2-3 minutes while decending into Rotterdam and with an easy way out by decending into above zero degrees temps just below.

EDLE, Netherlands

I have moved the TBM icing encounter discussion here.

Here it is off topic considering the importance.

Last Edited by Peter at 10 Nov 09:42
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message