Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Temporary minimums

Consider ELLX. There are construction works, so approach (especially circling) minima are higher.

Jeppesen “chose” to document this through a separate page numbered 10-8B, that is in the “general airport info” series, along with “Airport Briefing”, “Airport, Airport Info, Take-Off Minimums” and “Parking Stands”. As opposed to actually updating the approach charts themselves (series 11 and 12).

I must say in my SOP, I would ABSOLUTELY NOT see this when briefing the approach. I look at the approach plate, but I don’t go through the “ground” plates series to see if there is something “relevant” there. Would you?

Compare to the minima on:

On the AIP side, this is published by AIP SUP 054/2023 (and previously by AIP SUP 018/2023 and previously etc),

This is for a change that “started as of mid-February 2022 and is expected to last until the end of 2024”, so nearly three years. I would rather think that all parties, State and Jeppesen “should have” integrated that information directly in the plates, three years is a rather long time.

ELLX

lionel wrote:

Would you?

Probably not, but the same info is also in the NOTAMs.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

but the same info is also in the NOTAMs.

No, it is not (any more?). The only NOTAM on OCA/minima changes I get in briefings is A5225/23 which is a further OCA increase above what the Jeppesen page 10-8B and AIP SUP 054/2023 have. Generally, once something is in an AIP SUP, the NOTAM is left to lapse and is not renewed.

ELLX

There are construction works, so approach (especially circling) minima are higher.

I can see that circling is not authorized on original plate.

Other than that, it’s hard to expect looking for updated minima where it’s not expected and when not noted at all on principal plate.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

I can see that circling is not authorized on original plate.

Sorry, I saw “the minima most on the right” and called that “circling minima” because that’s where they usually are, but since circling is not authorized, there are actually the “LOC (GS out)” and LNAV minima, respectively.

ELLX

Usually when different minima applies for different conditions (e.g. for different climb gradients), one set is presented on main plate and the rest is shown on additional page. However, this addition has the reference on main plate which is definitely missing in this case.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message