Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft this weekend Jan 13-14, 2024

BTW since the last 30 min of the flight to LFLP were in light icing (with some 5 min in moderate icing), once more I confirmed that turning on TKS few minutes earlier is the only proper way to use the system – practically zero ice accumulated with minimum fluid used.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes TKS is an anti ice system not a de icing system. It is essential to start it going before you expect to enter icing conditions.

France

Didn’t fly that week end… I had planned to through the club, but a stupid administrative issue prevent me to get the keys. Their system is blocking plane’s access if you don’t have your FFA license and your $$ account is positive. I had all that bu they didn’t receive (or checked…) my FFA license status. And nobody to really help on Sunday, so me and my friends went back home. It was a pity as Sunday was the first day in 2 waaks when we don’t have either high winds or no low clouds in here…
I am really not made for clubs, but still have no plane that fit my needs and pocket money at the moment, and no time to look for it…

LFMD, France

The other aircraft’s insurer will cover my damage, but I’m going to be grounded for a while. I’ve arranged palliative rental of another Arrow in the meantime.

Steve6443 and aart’s weekends are welcome escapism.

RobertL18C wrote:

blue woad painted non schengen visitors
EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

You’re lucky to find such plane for rental. Are you looking through the parked planes and let a word on a paper ? I am up to this now, I have seen some arrow on the tarmac.

LFMD, France

My mechanic, who used to do rental, said to ask one of his customers who has a flying group. The hourly rate is a bit high, but no initial or monthly cost; at least the option is there.

In hindsight, I should maybe have been a bit more sociable with other based pilots Unfortunately there’s no real social life other than a passing chat on the tarmac, so it’s not easy.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message