Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (28-29 October 2023)

Saturday a quick 1h local fitted between family stuff.

Sunday we went to Diggerland where you can drive tractors and dig with excavators 🚜 We drove, but it’s a 20 minute taxi from Exeter EGTE or Dunkeswell EGTU if anyone wants to visit by air.

Last Edited by Capitaine at 29 Oct 20:24
EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Beautiful pics, Dan! Here’s the view I had this weekend. Trying to isolate because the little woman got exposed to Covid earlier in the week – thankfully it seems we didn’t get it.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Antonio wrote:

Beautiful field @Buckerfan (and surely with not many administrative restrictions for sunset flights) ! Very jealous.

Absolutely do agree!

Good stuff guys, keep ’em coming

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

eurogaguest1980 wrote:

Trying to isolate

So you’re isolating in the tail of your mighty ride? Impressive, though it ain’t lookin’ too comfy

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Nothing much for me, the wx is totally crap.

Only flight in the last week was on Thursday, a trip to Gloucester in between CBs to collect some tyres I bought from Stjohn who runs Electroflight.

Big scary cloud…

GCHQ, where they keep the aliens:

Final on 22 at Gloucester.

The Nemesis at Electroflight which made a speed record for electric aircraft at 300kts. Currently being packed up to go to a museum

Dodging big scary clouds on the way back I flew over Fairford

My new home base:

The big scary cloud in the 1st picture ended up routing just past home base, so I had to skirt around and made it on the ground just in time.

Today I cut open the oil filter as a final sanity check that my engine isn’t making chunks of metal prior to ordering a new constant speed prop. Good news that the oil is clean, bad news for my bank balance.

United Kingdom

@IO390 what has the oil pressure to do with the CS prop? And why new and not get it serviced?

Germany

@UdoR I currently have a wooden fixed pitch prop and want a constant speed. The constant speed costs £££ ($$,$$$ to be precise) so I wanted to be sure that I wasn’t going to have an expensive engine rebuild just after shelling out for a prop.

United Kingdom

IO390 wrote:

My new home base

Mmmmh, another attractive field for sure… though not sure about the distance to that next pub

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Buckerfan wrote:

Upper Harford International Airport

That’s simply gorgeous!

Dan wrote:

lew by the Sieben Hengste (7 stallions)

Breathtaking picture.

LeSving wrote:

for some “backcountry” flying :-)

Great stuff, jealous of those “non slatted” S-models :)
ivark wrote:

if I pull out the choke while burping the prop, it starts on first attempt even around 0

How do you keep the choke pulled while burping the prop?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

How do you keep the choke pulled while burping the prop?

I use ca 2cm of hose (cut open) and insert it on the pulled-out choke button..

EETU, Estonia
Sign in to add your message