Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (30 September - 1 October 2023)

Baby steps, I did my second solo navigation to Amiens (LFPT → LFAY and back). I beat my altitude record at (don’t laugh) 4500 ft (still in CAS below TA).
Recounting my flight hours I still lack about 10hrs of flight time for the PPL, although I’m close to being ready for the test. I underestimated remaining hours, so a bit of a disappointment there, but I have now many more opportunities to fly (I can be sent off solo by more instructors).

And since I just invested in a hybrid camera to take aviation pictures, figured I might just post some of the first series (pardon the heavy-handed editing, I’m only starting to learn ^^) :

Future photos will hopely be taken more from the air.

Last Edited by maxbc at 04 Oct 12:46
France

Brilliant to be getting out there and getting such great photos!

Getting good airborne pics takes a bit more work but anybody who can handle a camera can do it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

These are familiar scenes
If you need destination ideas :

• LFAX is a quiet, short field with terrain around it. Definitely a workout compared to LFPT
  • LFRF if you want to make a longer navigation, rewarded by a beach at the end of the runway.
  • LFPD if you want to practice grass fields, but your old friend LFFY does the job

Enjoy !

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

If you need destination ideas :

Thanks !

I’m looking at LFAX to do a climb in the flight levels with my FI (he wanted to do Auxerre but it’s much further). It’s really far to get out of Paris numerous TMA’s :)

France

Way past the weekend really, but still part of my long flying weekend, finished today by an easy pleasant VFR flight LSZL to EDHL, FL95 all the way.

Just past the Bernardino pass, still deep into Switzerland, I punched in EDHL and went direct on the DFC90. That was it for this flight.

A place of good cheese but also surprisingly good beer: Appenzell.

Friedrichshafen and the northwestern bit of Lake Constance.

Moelln.

EDHL.

Track log!

Last Edited by boscomantico at 04 Oct 15:14
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Today I installed a G5 to replace my failed vacuum AI. This will then become a standby instrument later on when the G3X goes in.

A good excuse for a flight, there were lots of fluffy clouds to play with.

United Kingdom

IO390 wrote:

Today I installed a G5 to replace my failed vacuum AI.

Why didn’t you go for GI 275 instead?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Did a little altiport tour last weekend :-)

IFR departure in Karlsruhe-Baden

First stop in Corlier. Nice field with a great view and friendly people.

Fantastic weather in the Alps

Next altiport was the famous L’Alpe d’Huez

Our new GI275s performing very well.

Mont Blanc

Megève

Stopover in Annecy for refueling and IFR departure back home

Homeward bound

Last Edited by Thomas_R at 05 Oct 08:25
Germany

If that’s a DA40 isn’t that a bit brave of you?
The performance chart AFAIR are pretty close to the TODA and LDA limits at Megeve and Alpes d’Huez. Admittedly that is from memory of our DA40D with the Centurion 135hp.

France

gallois wrote:

If that’s a DA40 isn’t that a bit brave of you?
The performance chart AFAIR are pretty close to the TODA and LDA limits at Megeve and Alpes d’Huez. Admittedly that is from memory of our DA40D with the Centurion 135hp.

No, actually not. The DA40 performance charts do not consider runway slope, which is a major factor in altiport operations. I was airborne at all altiports within little more than half of the runway length (even at Corlier with its 300 meter grass strip), and I never had to break when landing either. And besides, it’s a DA40 equipped with the CD-155, which has considerably more punch than the 135 hp version :)

Germany
Sign in to add your message