Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (19-20 August 2023)

My plan (this is non-aviation) is to test out my new free bus pass tomorrow

Well, I can use it to travel to EGKA, if I get up about 4am

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@ Dan: beautiful!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

If you guys make the 1st post smaller, I can promote the thread to the home page and you get much more participation

See here.

I fix posts frequently to make this work but sometimes it isn’t possible.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Dan

Awesome shots bru!

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Took my nephew up for his for his first light airplane ride today. He enjoyed it! I’ll throw in a shot of Lübeck Old Town as a bonus.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Well done everyone and thanks for sharing your pictures.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Flew down from Bute to the LAA fly-in today. The weather up North was not too favorable.
I initially planned a fuel stop at Kirkbride, but the the Southerly breeze had me go to Carlisle where runway 19 where my skills were not pushed to the limits… or beyond. Fantastic service, example, we had to hold to my baby during the refuel ops since some of the gusts were stronger than others, and the refueler said “oh don’t worry, I’ll park right in front of you, so she won’t get blown away”. Super low Avgas price at £1.62/l and €10 for the landing, at an airport that is trying to recover from the hype.

As I progressed South the weather improved somewhat…

The same island, from the other side though

52 knots headwind reduces your GS somewhat…

Good windsurf/kitesurf conditions on the Morecombe bay

And a renewed pleasure to meet with IO390 and his RVSX (in the background) at Popham

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Flew up to Inverness to go stalking. VFR on top the whole way but a nice smooth flight with a tailwind. 2 hour flight or eleven hour drive – the sweet spot.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Flew to Prague Letnany LKLT superb airport superb city. Note Uber is good but airport access confusing. Needed a lift in airport car to reach Uber driver who could not find his way in. 100LL by regular card.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Also went to the LAA fly in today, was good to see @Dan and meet some friendly people too. The pilots/enthusiasts were outnumbered massively by hardcore plane spotters with their notepads and long lenses, which was a bit weird.

Got a quote from an avionics place who was exhibiting on fitting some G5s and GFC500 to my RV… For £7k I’d rather spend the money on avgas.

Flaps left down on this RV, presumably by mistake:

And some more formation enroute home.

Last Edited by IO390 at 19 Aug 21:22
United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message