Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (10-11 June 2023)

@Silvaire, type is a Swiss designed homebuilt Cherry BX-2. Very efficient little critter, manual retracts, usually powered by some kinda Rotax 912
Quite a few flying around, and some new builds getting started.

Thanks – it is a nice looking design. It’s neat to see a plans built (limited or no kit) homebuilt that’s still popular, with various engine choices. I looked it up and see the structural design was obviously influenced by the KR homebuilts of the 70s, but the plane is more refined.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 15 Jun 13:01

Not a fancy place to visit but it was interesting landing with a tailwind. I thought I would never do that again only to have done exactly that at my base on the return (got sloppy and took the most used side).

Last Edited by Arun at 15 Jun 13:58
EDMB, Germany

lukepower wrote:

(the new owner of the airport is running an airline and needs space for their aircraft). So I relocated for the time being to Trento, which is already a nearly 2 hours drive from where I live, further cutting down time spent flying …

I am sorry about it. My sympathies. Is it Sky Alps DHC-8’s occupying the ramp?

I visited Trento airport last winter for a short ski trip and it seemed a very nice place, so at least you are well taken care of. Are you hangared there?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

@Antonio correct. And yes, for now I am sitting on the apron in Trento (luckily I can check through their webcam if my Bonnie is still there :) )

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

I washed my plane to put it up for sale (Dan’s posts have me wanting an RV…). It’s not “EuroGA spec” but low and slow is fun – it’s also incredibly cheap flying. £30/hr of UL91 and no landing fees at my home airfield.

United Kingdom

It’s not “EuroGA spec”

EuroGA covers the whole spectrum

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Participated in Estonian Aviation Days.

The F16 guys had better formation than us, but that was expected :)

Also saw the Vinka first time:

Last Edited by ivark at 17 Jun 13:17
EETU, Estonia

Arun wrote:

Not a fancy place to visit but it was interesting landing with a tailwind. I thought I would never do that again only to have done exactly that at my base on the return (got sloppy and took the most used side).

This is where I come from :) Although I learned to fly in Colmar (a bit further north) i flew to Mulhouse quite a bit when I was still living in the region. Seeing your picture moved my heart and reminded me of fond – and not so fond – memories!
One of the not so fond memories about that place is a beginner mistake I did when I was fresh out of my PPL. Took two friends up for a longer trip. They never had flown before and got sick, so we diverted to the closest airfield which was Mulhouse. By the time they recovered, it was sunset time, too late to come back to Colmar. We had to hitch-hike a ride home and I flew the aircraft back to Colmar first thing the next morning. A lot of lessons learned that day!!!

Btw if you want fancy things to do in the region I’d be happy to contribute (and join you) :)

etn
EDQN, Germany

I went to Kehl for the Kehler Flugtage on Friday 8th. Family reasons prevented me from attending on Sat-Sun which is when the flight show took place. However, many oldtimers were already there on Friday and we had a good fun. Met a few old friends who live in the area too.

This C140 does not have any visible marking:

Looks like a Piper Super Cub, but is an Auster:

And this is my bird:

etn
EDQN, Germany

@etn when you used to fly out of Colmar and Mulhouse were you in a club and a member of FFA or maybe FNA as it was back when I started?
If so why didn’t you use the FFA assistance instead of hitching a lift? They would also have arranged transport for your return to pick up the plane.
It’s useful to know why people don’t use a service they have paid for.🙂

France
Sign in to add your message