Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to get Shell aviation avgas card? (and why do fuel cards exist)

Indeed. If one clicks onto their locations map, I see lots of places where one usually just pays with credit card or BP card. So maybe indeed a few places in the Nordics are the exception and don’t accept credit cards (credit cards are on their way out in the Nordics), maybe during out of hours.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

AirBP is old info. There was no avgas for one year… Now there is Shell (about to start) and they said its only by shell card.

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark

Just noticed that there is a NOTAM for EKRN on this, which does clarify up to a point. I wonder what Shell has to say since their web site indicates that the Shell card is only available to Business customers and the Aviation Card is only available in North America. So lowly private operators are out of luck for fuel there?

★ B3509/22 NOTAMR
Q) ESAA/QFUXX/IV/NBO /A /000/999/5500N01400E005
A) EKRN B) 2022-11-04 10:18Z C) PERM
E) CHANGES TO FUELLING, REF AIP AD 2 – EKRN – 1, AND VFG AD 2 – EKRN
- 2. JET A1 FUELLING OPERATIONAL HOURS: FROM ONE HOUR AFTER
OPENING HOURS AS AD UNTIL ONE HOUR BEFORE CLOSING AS AD. FUEL O/R
1 HR +45 56 95 26 26, EKRN(AT)TRAFIKSTYRELSEN.DK. 100LL FUELLING
OPERATIONAL HOURS: FROM 8AM UNTIL ONE HOUR BEFORE CLOSING AS AD.
100 LL CARD VERIFICATION IS REQUIRED – VERIFICATION VIA PHONE +45
20 32 10 43 DURING OPENING HOURS 8 16 ON WEEKDAYS. 100LL
SELF-SERVICE ALTHOUGH FUEL REQUEST IS NECESSARY 1 HR +45 56 95 26
26, EKRN(AT)TRAFIKSTYRELSEN.DK. FUELLING FACILITIES AND CAPACITY:
100LL: 60 L/MIN JET A1: 900 L/MIN REMARKS: PAYMENT OF JET A1 FUEL:
CONTACT SHELL AVIATION – SHELL CARD – MISCELLANEOUS RE-SELLER CARD
- NO CASH – NO CREDITCARD. PAYMENT OF 100LL FUEL: CONTACT SHELL
AVIATION – SHELL CARD – NO CASH – NO CREDITCARD.

LSZK, Switzerland

Przemek wrote:

I need this card as Shell is finally going to open avgas station at EKRN but ONLY option to pay will be shell card. No cash, no credit. Idiotic – I know..

I’ve just queried EKRN on this they confirmed that the Avgas 100LL self-serve there accepts credit cards. The NOTAM has also been updated accordingly to indicate that credit cards are accepted.

BTW, I obtained a Shell about a year ago, but they’ve now said it is being blocked unless/until I can provide a VAT number….. card is only for businesses. They also indicate that private customers can use credit cards, so if anyone has personal experience to the contrary please report it.

Last Edited by chflyer at 11 Oct 16:19
LSZK, Switzerland
34 Posts
Sign in to add your message