Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How do ATC manage these tracks ?

So you can fly 100% legally, be hit by an F16 and it’s nobody’s fault, just bad luck
They just hope nobody will be in their way and will take action if a crash happens ?
What about the 250kts rule ?

I am astonished. Especially given the traffic and airspace congestion (bottlenecks between CTRs etc…).

In France, we have a network of low level restricted corridors.

We will see if the Belgians carry on with their new and pricey F-35

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

What about the 250kts rule ?

Not applicable to them.

ELLX

I think the low level areas / routes are marked on the map.
Also most of the time the military planes are in contact with ATC and get warnings when other planes are close.

To be honest accident between GA and military planes are extremely rare.
I would be more worried about other GA planes or birds in the sky.

EHEH, Netherlands

Also most of the time the military planes are in contact with ATC and get warnings when other planes are close.

Getting approach secondary radar to work on large coverage bellow 700ft agl to cover every bit of uncontrolled airspace will be areal challenge? even in controlled zones with tower radar, the settings for primary radar are usually tuned such that it only works above 700ft agl and de-clutter birds, cars, trucks…there are secondary radars that monitor aircraft down to runway touchdown or taxiway surface but they need lot of $$$$$

Maybe with TXP & ADSB on flat lands things are easier?

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Oct 11:42
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

In France, we have a network of low level restricted corridors.
They are in place specifically for flying high speed / low altitude with terrain-following radar driving the A/P. The 250KIAS rule is there as a default when nothing else applies, like a “free speed” or “reduce speed” clearance from ATC or a segregated airspace would.
ESMK, Sweden

Same story here in France.
I think fighters use the corridors though.

LFOU, France

The corridors are for very high speed usually low flying aircraft. The military jets communicate with military air traffic controllers. The activity of the corridors is published on the SIA website in both textual and graphic form.
It must be remembered that you should expect low flying fast jets OCAS in all parts of France and operate see and avoid. It is why it is advisory, when flying VFR in France, to fly above 1500ft AGL as stated in AIP (IIRC).

France

At least those PC21s have ADS-B. So you can see them coming on an Ipad with a receiver.

LFOU, France

“Also most of the time the military planes are in contact with ATC and get warnings when other planes are close.”
“Getting approach secondary radar to work on large coverage bellow 700ft agl to cover every bit of uncontrolled airspace will be areal challenge?”
AWACS?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message